Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #1 10/3/20 11:27 PM
Courtney DQ'd Underweight

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, oppweld, RacinBabe
chastaj (Offline)
  #2 10/4/20 12:27 AM
Rock went through radiator and drained all the water out of the system causing them to be under weight per Tim.
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, jim goerge
cornerthree (Offline)
  #3 10/4/20 12:38 AM
That is still cutting it real close. You could see he was leaking something the last 8 laps
3 Likes: erich45, jim goerge, luckybuc97
Adolph (Offline)
  #4 10/4/20 3:08 AM
2 gallons of coolant weighs about 17 pounds and he was 15 pounds under weight. I don't know how much coolant was in his system at the start of the race, but there appeared to be none at the end, because you could see he stopped leaking the last couple laps since no steam was coming out any more. Two more gallons of fuel at the start of the race would have been enough to compensate for losing all your coolant, but nobody could envision the need for doing that. If your cutting it that close, it might be something to consider.
2 Likes: Bilbee17, spankytoo
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #5 10/4/20 7:30 AM
Water is 7pds per gallon, chances are he'd of been light anyway IDK

Sunshine was hauling but when it was leaking he was getting a little swirly in his own leakage and Bacon got back around him, once it stopped leaking, Sunshine took off again.

Still very close on weight

Charles Nungester
kb78 (Offline)
  #6 10/4/20 9:23 AM
If your cutting it so close on weight that the fluids are your difference then that is on you. I remember when Gravel won the race at Eldora this year he was still 50 pounds to the good at the finish.
Overall it was a really good night of racing and they moved through it quickly. I had enough time to stay and watch the mods too but I gave up after the 4th caution, man they are a hard watch at L-Burg.I would rather watch the Hornets or stocks there.

Charles, It was nice to meet you and put a face with the name. I hope to see you again next year!
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, spankytoo
Chief Wahoo (Online)
  #7 10/4/20 9:48 AM
We are ignoring the fact that once again rocks caused problems at the ‘Burg with at least 2 cars. When is someone be it the owner, racing organizations, team owners, or drivers gonna say enough is enough and fix the issue? Cost Clauson Marshall 10K plus radiator and possible engine damage and Ballou another tire. Was Windom’s flat caused by a rock too? Owners and promoters should be embarrassed especially after the last race when they pulled out a bunch of rocks, some which were big. We’re not talking pea gravel here. Beautiful facility, racing surface dangerous joke!

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
14 Likes: Adolph, bighd0522, bigq11, billw, Dougherty20, fishnman, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, oppweld, progressive22, ronmil, spicoli, tirespinner, TommyTipover
Adolph (Offline)
  #8 10/4/20 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Water is 7pds per gallon, chances are he'd of been light anyway IDK

Sunshine was hauling but when it was leaking he was getting a little swirly in his own leakage and Bacon got back around him, once it stopped leaking, Sunshine took off again.

Still very close on weight
One US liquid gallon of fresh water weighs roughly 8.34 pounds. So two gallons is 16.68 pounds, which rounded is the 17 pound figure I used. Anyhow 15 pounds is 1.798 gallons. I'm sure there was more coolant than that in the system. Engine coolant weighs 9.6 pounds per gallon.
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, Dick Monahan, opnwhlmnd, ronmil
chastaj (Offline)
  #9 10/4/20 10:46 AM
It takes more than 2 gal to fill the system up. Your not just talking radiator. You have water pump, hoses, block, heads, etc
3 Likes: Adolph, jim goerge, Kendall2020
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #10 10/4/20 10:57 AM
My question is where all the USAC and NOS conspiracy theorists now?
2 Likes: JarrettFarms73, opnwhlmnd