IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #11 5/23/23 5:56 PM
For those hoping for a large crowd, being here 10 minutes prior to engine heat…I’m not optimistic. There will have to be a hell of an increased influx of people for this one to make money. 75 in the bleachers, 45 (being generous) in the infield. Mr. Rose will need a huge crowd during sprint week to make this close to profitabie.
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #12 5/23/23 6:11 PM
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter:
For those hoping for a large crowd, being here 10 minutes prior to engine heat…I’m not optimistic. There will have to be a hell of an increased influx of people for this one to make money. 75 in the bleachers, 45 (being generous) in the infield. Mr. Rose will need a huge crowd during sprint week to make this close to profitabie.
My apologies, engine heat at 6:30. There is more of a trickle moving into seats.
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #13 5/23/23 6:30 PM
24 cars.
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #14 5/23/23 7:00 PM
The one track where everyone loves single car qualifying, they do away with it. And there’s only 24 cars so it wouldn’t even take long. Weird decision to immediately piss off fans again by a new promoter.
3 Likes: bighd0522, Charles Nungester, Midget98
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #15 5/23/23 7:11 PM
Happy to say the crowd has picked up, he might, might break even
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, PIT CART
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #16 5/23/23 7:13 PM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
The one track where everyone loves single car qualifying, they do away with it. And there’s only 24 cars so it wouldn’t even take long. Weird decision to immediately piss off fans again by a new promoter.
As long as the race here, I’m relatively happy, my complaint is modified feature first. But, again, I’ll happily be later than I need to be at work if it keeps THAT open
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #17 5/23/23 7:21 PM
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter:
As long as the race here, I’m relatively happy, my complaint is modified feature first. But, again, I’ll happily be later than I need to be at work if it keeps THAT open
The point is, bad decisions lead to less people in the stands.
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #18 5/23/23 7:28 PM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
The point is, bad decisions lead to less people in the stands.
Absolutely, but this is Rose’s 1st rodeo as a promoter, as far as I know. He needs more rope than one event.
oppweld (Offline)
  #19 5/23/23 8:23 PM
It's sunny and we got sprints at the action track, what more do you want?
15 Likes: Bland65, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, cowboyhar69, Dale, Dirtfan, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, mc/rider, opnwhlmnd, PAW, ronmil, Rpracing1, Steve Wendel, TNRustler
racefan20 (Offline)
  #20 5/23/23 9:03 PM
B main to eliminate one car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus