IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500
3/28/24, 1:32 AM   #51
Re: Little 500
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith8 View Post
I finished 11th around 2000 in the Capels car, we practiced on the used tires from the Wednesday Night USAC show, put new set on to qualify and ran about 490 laps on the same set. Now the fuel bill was a different story, had a midget tank and had to pit every 100 laps, even had a multi time winners Uncle and his buddy calling the strategy lol. Tony Epperson, Jerry Gordon and Sam was wore out after that one. We ran that race a few times and never planned on changing tires unless we had a flat so start money definitely covered our tire bill. We were not a top 5 car but we did have some speed. I don’t remember very many guys changing tires in the early 2000’s. If I could run one more race it would be that one.
GREAT story!!! Can I ask your name and any other race stats? (just wondering)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

3/28/24, 3:41 PM   #52
Moreland76

JDull that would be Bobby Smith ran tqs, midgets and sprints. I saw him win in the HSCA 360 deal on the dirt. Good guy and pretty good racer.

4 members like this post: chase1989, erich45, jdull99, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500