IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Circle City Non-wing Shootout
6/22/21, 5:13 PM   #1
Circle City Non-wing Shootout
captrat

OK, apparently I have been asleep at the wheel. I had penciled in this 2 day event for June 28-29. Looking at their website it seems this is no longer on the schedule. Canceled?

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
6/22/21, 5:46 PM   #2
Jrp4554

I saw drivers on social media asking the track directly what happened as well. The track ignored their question. Awesome customer service!!

6/22/21, 10:53 PM   #3
staggerman

Probably were not too pleased with the lack of non winged sprint cars that showed up to support the midget week show.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/23/21, 5:18 AM   #4
Re: Circle City Non-wing Shootout
Hubie48

and there was an article in the Indy Star recently about neighbors complaining of noise. Seems like there were some ongoing legal issues.

that being said, there are a LOT of high dollar homes being built around Bloomington Speedway and the grumbling has began.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, PIT CART, tirespinner
6/23/21, 9:21 AM   #5
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie48 View Post
and there was an article in the Indy Star recently about neighbors complaining of noise. Seems like there were some ongoing legal issues.

that being said, there are a LOT of high dollar homes being built around Bloomington Speedway and the grumbling has began.
I sometimes think people just do it, to get their names in the paper, how many people are willing to take the chance on building or leasing a racetrack to provide entertainment for those who will go, and how many will do it to make a place for others to work, and an income for themselves, many, like those building around a racetrack, obviously have their money invested in the stock market, and care very little about other people, and how they survive, I know our local racetrack operators face the same problems every time they want to renew a contract, most people couldn't stand the hassle, different strokes for different folks, there are far too many abandoned race tracks to make it worthwhile to take a chance, yet it goes on in a cycle, seems like some folks just wait for it to happen, then jump in to take advantage of the poor people who happen to enjoy it enough to try and make a living doing it. I've known lots of promoters over the years, and how they stand it is beyond me. Beats me. Bob

6/23/21, 11:02 PM   #6
jim goerge

I had a friend who inplace of a race track , he had horses, on 5 acres just out side city limits. People started building big nice homes around the pasture and stared complaneing about horse smell and flies. Bill had somebody come by every week to haul away the manure I boarded mine and wifes horses there and I never smelled anything. Well long story short home owners took Bill to court , First thing judge asked was if home owner knew there were horses there, when they said yes , judge said AND you built there ANYWAY, He also told them the horses were there long before you even looked at the land .. Judge ruled in Bills side.

6/24/21, 12:36 PM   #7
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
Probably were not too pleased with the lack of non winged sprint cars that showed up to support the midget week show.
They got what a little over 20 cars there for that race, for a middle of the week race with weather radar showing the R word over Indy ,really over the whole state . Guess they may not know this BUT most racers HAVE TO WORK to make a living . Also if its not a USAC race most USAC cars don"t show up
Last edited by jim goerge; 6/24/21 at 12:39 PM.

3 members like this post: spicoli, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
6/24/21, 1:24 PM   #8
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
They got what a little over 20 cars there for that race, for a middle of the week race with weather radar showing the R word over Indy ,really over the whole state . Guess they may not know this BUT most racers HAVE TO WORK to make a living . Also if its not a USAC race most USAC cars don"t show up
For what was supposed to be 5K on Monday and 7K on tuesday i'm sure you would have had more than a few USAC drivers there

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6/24/21, 6:12 PM   #9
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
For what was supposed to be 5K on Monday and 7K on tuesday i'm sure you would have had more than a few USAC drivers there
John During Midget Week they were off on Monday and Tuesday and it was a MSCS race that paid 2500 to win , so what race you talking about?

6/24/21, 6:18 PM   #10
staggerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I had a friend who inplace of a race track , he had horses, on 5 acres just out side city limits. People started building big nice homes around the pasture and stared complaneing about horse smell and flies. Bill had somebody come by every week to haul away the manure I boarded mine and wifes horses there and I never smelled anything. Well long story short home owners took Bill to court , First thing judge asked was if home owner knew there were horses there, when they said yes , judge said AND you built there ANYWAY, He also told them the horses were there long before you even looked at the land .. Judge ruled in Bills side.

The only difference with Circle City is this facility was never a full fledged race track before. In my opinion the promoter needs to run the quietest mufflers and target shows done by 10:30 or this track won’t last long.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Circle City Non-wing Shootout