IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Parts for DLH chassis
2/20/18, 10:14 AM   #1
Parts for DLH chassis
markjr

So i was wondering where you would get parts for this car that fits rear arms and all that stuff o was told it took standsrd midget parts but not sure all midgets are the same

2/20/18, 10:49 AM   #2
Bradleyracing86

Standard xxx, stealth, TCR front axle.

Rear arms takes a offset left rear but could updated to run standard stuff.

Nerf bars might need to be fabricated but not a big deal.

2/20/18, 11:34 AM   #3
markjr

I was tokd it was jim gardners old car i think he ssid you had it to i gueds ar one point. Ok so would stuff from spike work hoping to judt be able to bolt 90 percent of ehst i have on it less fab work would be nice

2/20/18, 12:26 PM   #4
Re: Parts for DLH chassis
Jim Gardner

Mark, that car takes a standard M&W right rear arm, and I used a bailey RR arm and flipped it upside down for the left rear to get the offset (to clear the brake rotor) and length to work. Get a standard triple x front axle. I'm sure you can find someone local to make your bumpers and nerfs, I made my own.

The only thing to watch on that car is that all of the threaded bungs in the chassis for the suspension are 7/16"-20 and all midget components are 1/2"-20. So call Rod End Supply to get the exact rod ends you need (7/16" bore, 1/2" shank for the ends that mount to the chassis, and 1/2" bore, 1/2" shank for the suspension components) and they will take care of you.

Get 140 lb coil springs for the front, run 800/825 bars in the rear. Block it at 2-1/2 inches in the front and 3-1/2 in the rear (use a 2-1/2 block in left rear- raised rail car) and hold on tight.
Last edited by Jim Gardner; 2/20/18 at 6:11 PM.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
2/20/18, 1:05 PM   #5
markjr

Sweet thank you that the info i need going to get it friday it looked like it shoukd take a 16 inch seat. I know baily is in the process of redoing there stuff the last u taked to him he seem to make me think they dont have there older stuff. I have a guy that has a DLH and he said he had some arms he could sell me and coukd get me some mesurements.
The other thing was its has a gxsr in it and i am running the r1 he told me andy made his mounts i am running foz chassis universal mounts now will they work

2/20/18, 1:07 PM   #6
markjr

Also on the chassis side would i be able to run a i believe 19/64 bit thur there than re tap for 1/2 fine thread

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Parts for DLH chassis