IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Hustlin-Hoosier (Offline)
  #21 3/14/21 8:07 PM
You might look around Lebanon. It's about 30 miles north/west of Indy on I-65
2 Likes: 95KART, t_inmyface
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #22 3/14/21 10:45 PM
Once you visit Columbus, you may have found yourself a fine place to live. Halfway, more or less, between Kokomo/Gas City and Haubstadt. Even Eldora is less than three hours away.

Lots of people, including my son-in-law, commute from Columbus to Indy.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
5 Likes: 95KART, dirt330, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, racenut69
mc/rider (Offline)
  #23 3/15/21 8:56 AM
Chuck Taylors by Converse were invented in Columbus

When in doubt Gas It
5 Likes: 95KART, Danny Burton, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, racenut69
Kart#51 (Offline)
  #24 3/15/21 4:20 PM
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing:
That is definitely a couple of Kodak moments and life time memories that you have experience. I remember meeting you and someone said that guy is living in that van and the doors on the van was opened up to air out the living conditions. LOL. Glad to have met a great friend. He is definitely one of a kind. LOL. Thanks.
There was a reason the doors were open. Just ask Stubb the next time you see him.... remind him of the AQ bomb at Knoxville!!!
2 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, i love dirt track racing
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #25 3/15/21 7:32 PM
A friend of mine had a shop in Brownsburg that he lived in. It was set up pretty good in one of those commercial units. You would be around other racers too. Sorry I don’t remember the name of the place.
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #26 3/16/21 3:39 PM
Originally Posted by 95KART:
That is some serious dedication! I have a truck with a cap that I've slept in at the racetrack before that I could stay in for awhile, but I would like to find something before winter! I'm glad you found a house you like, I'm moving to Indy for the same reason, nice central location with a lot of racing options.
I had a high top conversion van at the time,which was plenty big enough for 1. Slept at tracks on the weekend,and rest area's and truck stops otherwise for amenities,showers etc. It was the dream to move to Indiana for a long time before I did,and I made the most of it in those early years of moving here.

One of the posters mentioned about living in a shop. I know Jesse Hockett (RIP) is one that did that,as I used to stop in at his shop from time to time and talk with him,not to mention talking with him at tracks coast to coast. Whenever I'd see him he'd ask how any races had I been to so far.
4 Likes: 95KART, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, racenut69
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #27 3/16/21 3:43 PM
Originally Posted by Kart#51:
There was a reason the doors were open. Just ask Stubb the next time you see him.... remind him of the AQ bomb at Knoxville!!!
Stubb makes that story bigger and bigger every time he tells it! If I hadnt told him the next day it was me,you'd still be blaming him for it! Hahahah

Ask Stubb when you see him about the Oval Nationals,and going to Del Taco after the races one of the nights. Always an adventure when Stubb is around.....
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, Kart#51
95KART (Offline)
  #28 3/16/21 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
A friend of mine had a shop in Brownsburg that he lived in. It was set up pretty good in one of those commercial units. You would be around other racers too. Sorry I don’t remember the name of the place.
Living in a shop sounds like the dream setup. Just a couple basic amenities and I'd be set!