IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The rumor mill...
2/21/13, 2:14 PM   #1
The rumor mill...
Relentless Racing

This is Daron Clayton. Just dropped off my chassis at spike and everyone there said they thought that i had quit racing. Sorry i can make babies and race cars at the same time folks I have no sponsor, sold 1 of 2 engines to have the money to get the car back into shape for 2013. Since i have no backing sponsorship wise i will be running about half of last years schedule. No weekly shows, just not enough reward vs risk and equipment wear. Ill be hitting higher paying shows. What im looking for is a group of people to help fund my car and i realize asking fans for money is asinine but what im asking is do you know anyone who might have a business who would be interested. Any amount helps trust me. Times are tough and it took me a while to post asking people for money when i put myself into a businesses shoes. I had a great year because two people believed in me, Dan Clifton & Ray Morgan. Unfortunately were all in the same predicament. I think alot of people have a misconception of my financial position too. People me and my wife, God love her. Do this from our own pockets. I have no "mommy/daddy" money. I will continue on this journey as long as i can and its because its what i am meant to do. So for future reference rumor mill the MDC will be racing next season what i can and takin names in the process as usual.
Car owners im available.
Sponsors my hand is out.
And my spurs are on

Relentlessly Racing
-Daron Clayton

2/21/13, 2:23 PM   #2
Re: The rumor mill...
bigmojo5

Every think of trying small sponsorships in which fans can get their names on the side of your car. Seems like a couple of fellows were pretty successful at this about 35 years ago.

2/21/13, 2:26 PM   #3
bigmojo5

There's actually a track out here in Iowa that allows fans to go to the pay window and sponsor specific drivers. The cash goes straight into the driver's pay envelope.
And, Ride 'em Cowboy.

2/21/13, 3:24 PM   #4
Relentless Racing

Thats what im asking is multiple small sponsors. Example generator, atv, couple tires, fuel ect... Maybe a truck that gets more than 5.8mpg to borrow lol

3 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, jdull99
2/21/13, 3:36 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Try gun stores and Ammos Shops for Sponsorship $$ Everything they are selling is at 300 percent markup right now with supply and demand .

8 members like this post: bgbrd, cmakin, dirtfan98, erich45, PIT CART, racephoto1, SC90, Slidejob71
2/21/13, 4:34 PM   #6
KOP

Dang Cowboy, did you spend the "Hard Luck" cash I gave you at Osky last summer already? I expected that Ben Franklin would be with you for at least five years

Seriously, I understand your situation as it gets to be a challenge to find good sponsors for my series here in Oklahoma. Your talent is to damn good to be left on the sidelines. Hope something comes your way soon.

Best of luck
John Lemon

4 members like this post: luckybuc97, Morgan7m, Pat O'Connor Fan, Stephen Cording
2/21/13, 6:45 PM   #7
RJ481

Hey Daron, just a thought. I know in the past a driver was somewhat in your shoes and a fan suggested he put his Paypal info on here so any of his fans could send money directly to him. I don't know if the driver had much luck with it but like you said everything helps. Like I said, just a thought

Posted via Mobile Device

2/22/13, 10:56 AM   #8
racenut69

GIT-R-DUN,Cowboy!!! One of the most exciting drivers I've ever seen! I just wish I was a rich man,but then again don't we all! Don't give up..

2 members like this post: billwill7, scottyCbus
2/22/13, 1:52 PM   #9
Ty

Best of luck to you MDC. One of my favorites to watch on the track. Hopefully you make it on the Eastern Swing again some year.

2/22/13, 3:01 PM   #10
Gene Franckowiak

I met Daron this year at the IMIS show and have seen him race several times. He truly is a great talent, nice guy, and adds alot of excitement to a sprint car race. Unfortunately, our sport is seeing less and less car owners and even some ride buying, which is sad. I would hate to see sprint car racing follow INDY car racing....whereas we no longer see the most talented drivers but rather the best financed drivers. Keep your chin up Daron, something will come along.

6 members like this post: billwill7, Bluteam, CRA91, jim goerge, luckybuc97, SC90
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The rumor mill...