IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What was your 1st car
3/5/09, 9:17 PM   #41
Re: What was your 1st car
Larryoracing

The first car I ever bought was a 1970, SS 402 big block, Camaro, with a 4 speed on the floor. I think they called the tranny a M21. The car was rated at the factory at 375 Hp. It came from the factory with "porcupine heads" and a 800 CFM Holley Carb from the factory.

It was very fast. I blew up the motor, rebuilt it and then proceded to crash it.

The car was too fast for me...lol!

Larry "O":checkered:

3/5/09, 10:09 PM   #42
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsracing View Post
so what did you get....you know what everybody else had.....lol:d
2009 Ford Mustang. V6 4.0

Black with white stripes.

3/5/09, 10:42 PM   #43
hudcone

my first car was a truck 1983 chevy silverado 305 motor. wouldnt pull a dead limb outta the road.

3/5/09, 10:58 PM   #44
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Mine was a 1958 Chevy Impala two door.:Steer A real chick magnet for sure.:rolling:doh::kookoo

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3/5/09, 11:23 PM   #45
Z-man

1982 pontiac 2000, what a turd, bought it off a school teacher, made a bunch of trips from Norfolk to No. Va. until I stuffed it in a ditch on a beer run while in No. Va.. Didn't even realize the car was upside down until I saw the jimmys going out the back window. When I crawled out the wheels were still spinning and someone had already set flairs out on the road, lucky I didn't kill anyone. Didn't have on a seat belt and woke up the next morning with the worst headache I ever had, and in need of a ride back to Norfolk. Ever since then I always wear a seatbelt.

3/5/09, 11:25 PM   #46
dirtshirt

Spade mine was the same just year later 1948 fastback 216 dipper changed to 235 after couple burned rods.added corvette intake 3 carter sidedrafts and exhaust with a mcgurk cam.All primer with candy apple window mouldings.loved that car.Was going to the Indy in 1959 till i got a dragging ticket in Frankfort ,Ky day before.Still havn't made the 500.

3/5/09, 11:51 PM   #47
okienonwingfan

The first car I drove was a 82 Regal with a 6cyl in it. I remember one time I missed with the carb to give it a little more power and I had smoke coming from under the hood lol. Also, one day me and a buddy were going to lunch since we had open campus and I spun the car out on a major street in town. The car was facing east on a west bound road. I put the car in reverse and backed the car into a parking lot. My buddy was like you are not driving to lunch anymore:O:.

In college and my Sr year I had a 92 Dodge 3/4 ton cummins. I drove the heck out of this truck. I worked for a rancher in college and drove it on the ranch. My dad took over driving it and he totaled it going to work one morning about 15 miles away from the house.

The first car / truck I bought was a 99 Gmc ext cab. Truck has been very good( knock on wood) I have about 240K on this truck and it is still running like a top. I have been to Indiana a few times in it. Down to south Texas once. I would not trade it for the world.
Last edited by okienonwingfan; 3/5/09 at 11:56 PM.

3/6/09, 8:49 AM   #48
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by okienonwingfan View Post
the first car i drove was a 82 regal with a 6cyl in it. I remember one time i missed with the carb to give it a little more power and i had smoke coming from under the hood lol. Also, one day me and a buddy were going to lunch since we had open campus and i spun the car out on a major street in town. The car was facing east on a west bound road. I put the car in reverse and backed the car into a parking lot. My buddy was like you are not driving to lunch anymore:o:.

In college and my sr year i had a 92 dodge 3/4 ton cummins. I drove the heck out of this truck. I worked for a rancher in college and drove it on the ranch. My dad took over driving it and he totaled it going to work one morning about 15 miles away from the house.

The first car / truck i bought was a 99 gmc ext cab. Truck has been very good( knock on wood) i have about 240k on this truck and it is still running like a top. I have been to indiana a few times in it. Down to south texas once. I would not trade it for the world.
cant beat the cummins engine

3/6/09, 9:02 AM   #49
Scott Daloisio

A used 1970 Ford Mustang. Guaranteed not to break down until it got at least 35 miles away from home.

3/6/09, 9:05 AM   #50
Obie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ1961 View Post
1971 ford pinto, ugly yellow. payment was $15.00 a month and insurance was $6.00. I had my FM converter hid in the glove box.:rolling car #2 was a 71 torino gt with a 428 4 speed that's the one i wish i had back.

Mike
Mine was awful brown with a 4-speed. Took this gal forever to learn how to shift that thing. 2nd car was/is a 63 1/2 Ford Galaxie that the husband owned when we got married. We still have her...she's fixin to undergo a total restoration in the near future. She has a 390/ automatic trany & would fly in her day. She will again soon.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What was your 1st car