IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Dwight Clock (Offline)
  #1 10/4/07 9:59 PM
For those who are interested former USAC SC competitor Richie Tobias qualified 16th fastest today for the Super Dirt Week XXXV DIRT Modified race at the Syracuse, N.Y. mile.
ronmil (Offline)
  #2 10/4/07 10:33 PM
Speedchannel has carried that race in the past. Wonder if they, or anyone, will?

Ron Miller
Dwight Clock (Offline)
  #3 10/4/07 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
Speedchannel has carried that race in the past. Wonder if they, or anyone, will?
This year it is a pay per view event being shown on Dirtvision. Highlights on Dirtvision are free and being shown at 12:05 a.m. Wed. thru Sat. and one hour after completion of the 200 lap feature on Sunday. Scheduled to start at 2:15 EDT the race should be over about 4:30.
ronmil (Offline)
  #4 10/4/07 10:45 PM
Thanks, Dwight!

Ron Miller
Supermod (Offline)
  #5 10/5/07 1:26 PM
Dwight,

Do you know why Richie dropped off the SC circuit? I thought his dirt car matched pretty well lookswise with the new pavement cars.

later,

Bob Mays
bigmojo5
  #6 10/5/07 1:56 PM
Rich Tobias has been manufacturing a new line of race car in Pennslyvania called a "Slingshot". They have been running indoors at Atlantic City, NJ, and outdoors at tracks in Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Minnesota. It is a growing company that has a website at:

http://www.slingshotbytobias.com/

The Rumble In Ft. Wayne promoter Tony Barhorst and Rich Tobias have an agreement to have the Slingshots run at the Indoor Races at The Memorial Coliseum Expo Center on Dec. 28 and 29, 2007. We look forward to it.

Posted by Tony Barhorst
Seadog (Offline)
  #7 10/5/07 2:12 PM
One of the greatest races I have ever witnessed was when Tobias won the Ted Horn 100 a few years back. Awsome!
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #8 10/5/07 2:21 PM
Originally Posted by bigmojo5:
Rich Tobias has been manufacturing a new line of race car in Pennslyvania called a "Slingshot". They have been running indoors at Atlantic City, NJ, and outdoors at tracks in Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Minnesota. It is a growing company that has a website at:

The Rumble In Ft. Wayne promoter Tony Barhorst and Rich Tobias have an agreement to have the Slingshots run at the Indoor Races at The Memorial Coliseum Expo Center on Dec. 28 and 29, 2007. We look forward to it.

Posted by Tony Barhorst

Where have they raced in Indiana? I haven't seen them run and they look pretty cool. Do they run pavement or dirt or both?
AERO410SCJA (Offline)
  #9 10/5/07 2:21 PM
Originally Posted by bigmojo5:

Posted by Tony Barhorst
They can't even get a full field in Pa
ronmil (Offline)
  #10 10/5/07 2:24 PM
Originally Posted by Seadog:
One of the greatest races I have ever witnessed was when Tobias won the Ted Horn 100 a few years back. Awsome!
I agree with that! He started shotgun in the consi and the 100 and went on to win.

Ron Miller