IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rock Crest (Twin cities, North Vernon) CLOSED!!!
7/24/22, 12:32 PM   #1
Rock Crest (Twin cities, North Vernon) CLOSED!!!
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

RockCrest Raceway
@RockCrestTrack
·
4m
All racing at Rock Crest Raceway has been canceled for the rest of the year. Gates are now CLOSED. We want to thank everyone who showed support and showed up to race. It has been a pleasure to promote and a great experience. -Wilson family

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
7/24/22, 1:09 PM   #2
Re: Rock Crest (Twin cities, North Vernon) CLOSED!!!
TQ29m

What a shame, but not unexpected, great opportunity, lost again, signs of the times, thanks for trying!

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, tirespinner
7/24/22, 1:49 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

To be honest, Im betting there is only weekly racing for sprints at two tracks next year in IN. Kokomo has already gone to mostly specials. Bloomington too.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
7/24/22, 2:51 PM   #4
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
To be honest, Im betting there is only weekly racing for sprints at two tracks next year in IN. Kokomo has already gone to mostly specials. Bloomington too.
I'll take that bet. At least 3 LPS Gas City and Paragon will probably be running every week. Bloomington only took 4 Fridays off, one because LPS had the Bill Gardner race on Fri-Sat. So I think we will see 4 running weekly unless something changes between now and then.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5 members like this post: Boat, fish, oppweld, tirespinner, TQ97
7/24/22, 3:01 PM   #5
1021gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
RockCrest Raceway
@RockCrestTrack
·
4m
All racing at Rock Crest Raceway has been canceled for the rest of the year. Gates are now CLOSED. We want to thank everyone who showed support and showed up to race. It has been a pleasure to promote and a great experience. -Wilson family
I you could see that coming from a mile away

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner
7/24/22, 3:35 PM   #6
TQ29m

As they say, the fat lady hasn't sang yet, but between the weather, the shape our country is in, the cost of just feeding the ones we care about, and the ho-hum lack of interest, even the rich will find it difficult to find a place to spend their money, this is my 85th year on this planet, and so far the worst, I blame the stock market for most of it, turning out too many billionaires!

7/24/22, 5:20 PM   #7
openwheelfan1

While I applaud the new owners of Twin Cities/Rock Crest for their attempt, they were/are facing an uphill battle. The track isn’t exactly easy to get to, and if it wants to run a weekly schedule, no matter what weekend night it tries to operate, it was/will be fighting established tracks for participants and spectators, esp. if they try to run sprint cars as the feature division.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PIT CART, tirespinner
7/24/22, 6:53 PM   #8
DaleDuBois

Twin cities/Rock Crest speedway will not make it as a weekly sprint car track or any other kind of race cars they might want to race. It did not help when they changed the name of the track. It is a very good racetrack, but the location is not good, not easy to get to and in an area that is not close to a big city. I think the top racetrack in the coming years will be LPS as its location is easy to get to with Terre Haute and Indy not that far away. LPS has race fans in most any direction from the track. There is not a bad seat to see the racing at LPS. I do like Bloomington also for their location with fans in all directions as they have good turnouts with cars and fans.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/24/22, 7:20 PM   #9
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Tri-State Speedway has come up with a successful schedule.
There are simply too many tracks running on the same night. Not enough Fridays and Saturdays in the week!😊

7/24/22, 7:25 PM   #10
TQ29m

In all honesty, I never thought it was hard to access, and I was able to put my rig in off of 7, which moved it closer to my starting point, as we traveled through the state and out of state, to as far as Tennessee and Illinois on occasion, some places where a bit difficult, but I didn't let that stop me, so to me, it was the name change that put the kibosh on it, plus not frequenting IOW enough, I'd have been on here like sos, and not on Backfield, hindsight, ain't it just the best 😀.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rock Crest (Twin cities, North Vernon) CLOSED!!!