IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Torsion bar help Subaru Midget
1/26/22, 3:13 AM   #1
Subarumidget

Hi, I was looking for some help deciding what torsion bars to run. Track ready with me and 5gals of fuel, I weigh 225lbs. Our weights are 400lbs on the left rear and 300lbs on right rear. Our car is real heavy in the rear and super light up front… due to the motor sitting further back and obviously my weight. I just wanted some opinions on what bars and why. last time out we ran a 825 on the left rear and 850 on the right rear. It didn’t want to transfer on the right rear very well. FK shocks is building us a new set of shocks they think we should run 825 bars on both sides. I personally wanted to run a 875 on the left rear because it has so much weight on that wheel, and a 850 on the right rear. I figured it would lean more on the right rear with a lighter RR bar. 400lbs seems like a lot of weight to have on the left rear, we always bottom out the left rear shock with a 825.
Last edited by Subarumidget; 1/26/22 at 3:16 AM.

1/26/22, 7:56 AM   #2
kendirt

Join the Midget Setup Discussion Group on FB and ask there.

I'd like to see pictures of your car.

2 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, TQ29m
1/26/22, 9:20 AM   #3
badcoupe

Don’t forget to account for the length of your torsion arms into the equation. Schroeder and the like have charts that show you spring rate by bar diameter and arm length.

2 members like this post: jonboat15, Ken Bonnema
1/26/22, 12:11 PM   #4
TQ29m

Just how much engine setback do you have?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Torsion bar help Subaru Midget