IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Franklin B. Alexander Memo.
9/24/19, 12:13 AM   #1
Franklin B. Alexander Memo.
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Anyone got a timeline or BMARA info on this?
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

9/24/19, 12:17 PM   #2
Re: Franklin B. Alexander Memo.
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
Anyone got a timeline or BMARA info on this?
Not completely sure if this is what you're asking for?....

http://www.bmara.com/news/?i=77611

https://sycamorespeedway.com/event/s...l-point-night/

1 member likes this post: Indy1808
9/24/19, 2:53 PM   #3
Indy1808

Thanks here it is.

https://sycamorespeedway.com/event/s...l-point-night/

They must have just recently posted the gate times and such.

Now, would anyone have the midget format then?
Will this be a complete whole show with qualifying, heats et cetera or a pill draw/passing points or just a last chance and feature ?

Hats off to BMARA and the Alexander Family for rewarding their loyal members with a chance at a large purse.

*Ok let the attacks begin.

1 member likes this post: dfsmith
9/24/19, 5:39 PM   #4
Crankin

Full show. Qualifying is like Kokomo qualifying, during hotlaps.
Heats, and a 25 or 30 lap main

2 members like this post: Indy1808, oppweld
9/24/19, 6:32 PM   #5
Ray3

First and second place in the Badger point standings are only separated by 2 points. This race will be the last race of 2019 and will decide the champion. Should be a good night to watch.

2 members like this post: dfsmith, Indy1808
9/25/19, 7:30 AM   #6
Crankin

Truth in advertising:
A side note to this race is the fact that you are absolutely, positively guaranteed to see less cars than were initially there on the day of the rainout.

History in the making! Never before in the history of auto racing has a sanction not allowed other cars to come to a rain date, if they weren’t on the grounds when the rain came..... Even though no car ever touched the track!?
Which leads to some interesting scenarios.

Scenario 1. Let’s say your 3rd or 6th in driver points, and something happens to your car the week before. Said drivers will not be allowed to race the big finale unless he shows up with the same car. Hence, he will moat likely fall to 5th in points, and receiving less money at the end of the year.

Scenario 2. Car owner is at the initial race with a driver that lives over 6 hours away, when the rain out happens. Driver, like everyone else, never goes on track. Driver can’t make the long trip on the rain date because of work, family, whatever. Said car owner cannot replace driver with another driver of his choice. (unless driver was there the first time).

Scenario 3. Owner has rental ride for guys trying to get experience. Renter doesn’t have the $ this week, and owner can’t replace him.

Scenario 4. The 2018 BADGER Champion, Scott Hatton, unfortunately severely damaged his car a couple weeks ago. If Scott can’t find a ride in a car that was there at the rainout, last year’s champ can’t race in the biggest race of the year???!!!

There are other scenarios, but you get the jist.

Keep in mind that in order to win the “big money”, you had to at least run 5 races as an owner and a driver. So in many scenarios, owner/driver wouldn’t even qualify for the “big money”, and would just run for a regular pay out.... but there not allowed either???

Basically, if everyone showed up at the springfield silver crown race and it rained before hotlaps, no other cars or drivers would be allowed to show up on the rain date. Neat, huh?

Bottom line: a group of smaller minded car owners got all enraged while standing in the rain to discuss the rain date. While in that meeting, some were up in arms that a couple of cars, that are pretty dominant (which is a whole other issue), might show up on the rain date, and steal there “big money”. So they voted to not let anyone come to the rain date, that wasn’t there on the initial day..... even though nobody ever went on track.

I could go on, but it’s long enough, and time is short..... so is life, and I’m one of the cars that fall into one of those ridiculous scenarios that weren’t thought about while they were trying to keep those 2 dominant cars out.
So i, along with some other scenario people will not have cars there. Which is a shame because not only were we really looking forward to it, and the super cool thing the Alexander’s have done, but also the fact that we live a mere 6 miles from the track.
But hey, enjoy the races!
Last edited by Crankin; 9/25/19 at 10:30 AM.

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, jim goerge, K92
9/25/19, 12:54 PM   #7
K92

Oh the can of worms that this has opened up....

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
9/25/19, 1:31 PM   #8
Indy1808

Umm ... didn’t mean to upset your Crankin.

I was just happy to see a the Bmara members have a chance at the Alexanders purse and not the ringers that have huge haulers and lots of money to spend to come take a purse away that could make someones season. I guess if you are someone against that, then so be it.
The racing should be just as good if not even more competitive than I have seen at other shows. That’s the grassroots efforts I prefer to pay admission to see. To each his own but I know full well the expense and hard work the guys & gals put in to do this, often with nothing to gain other than their love of participation in the sport. Competitively, Good or fair, they have all my respect for just putting any open wheel car on the track.

Unfortunately now the weather forecast in not in favor for the Sycamore area Saturday night.

Ok, so bring on the attacks!

2 members like this post: dfsmith, tirespinner
9/25/19, 2:51 PM   #9
Crankin

All good. No attacks from me.
Just so you know though, the “ringer” part was already handled before the race. Both owner and driver had to run a minimum amount of races during the year to be eligible for the $.
Anyone running that hadn’t met the minimum, would be just running for regular to win $.

Also, if a non “qualified” driver won, the would become $10k to win next year!

2 members like this post: jdull99, tirespinner
9/25/19, 6:27 PM   #10
jdull99

But; I didn't think there were any "ringer" teams in OEM (stock block, head & crank) based midget racing??? Thought it was an equal playing field across the board??? (my inbox is full)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 9/25/19 at 7:42 PM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Franklin B. Alexander Memo.