IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What was your 1st car
3/9/09, 7:19 PM   #71
Re: What was your 1st car
Tim Watson

1969 Pontiac LeMans complete with an in dash Kraco 8 track player. It was a solid machine until that night i ran over a fire hydrant with it. :Steer

3/9/09, 8:11 PM   #72
trencherman

69 impala ..nice car til I totaled it on a mailbox

3/9/09, 8:16 PM   #73
Joe Kidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by trencherman View Post
69 impala ..nice car til I totaled it on a mailbox
Ain't no way!!! Unless the mailbox was inside a brick wall.

3/9/09, 8:29 PM   #74
trencherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Kidd View Post
Ain't no way!!! Unless the mailbox was inside a brick wall.
i blew a tire sent me off the road into the mailbox. instead of breaking it off the mailbox flew against the windshield and out into a farmers field. and the car jumped up over the post. the maibox was a home made one , quarter inch steel about 1 ft tall about 18in long. it was mounted on one of those old cast iron well hand pumps (ones where you had to carry in water) ,and it was cemented in the ground. that thing didn't move. the county made the guy remove that.
so you're right kinda like a brick wall

3/9/09, 8:32 PM   #75
Joe Kidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by trencherman View Post
i blew a tire sent me off the road into the mailbox. instead of breaking it off the mailbox flew against the windshield and out into a farmers field. and the car jumped up over the post. the maibox was a home made one , quarter inch steel about 1 ft tall about 18in long. it was mounted on one of those old cast iron well hand pumps (ones where you had to carry in water) ,and it was cemented in the ground. that thing didn't move. the county made the guy remove that.
so you're right kinda like a brick wall
That I can believe. Except if it was a Toyota or Honda, then I could believe a simple mailbox could destroy those cars.

3/9/09, 8:36 PM   #76
trencherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Kidd View Post
That I can believe. Except if it was a Toyota or Honda, then I could believe a simple mailbox could destroy those cars.
there you go or any of those foreign pretender cars

3/9/09, 8:42 PM   #77
Revolution Racing

'65 Chevy Impala. Black on black on black. Straight six with three on the tree.

Totalled it at 3:30 AM headin' south on Pacific Coast Hwy in Redondo Beach, playin' bumber cars with my buddy in his OldsmoBuick. Six guys in my car, six guys in his car - going surfing at San Onofre...

Nobody got hurt, much.

I went on from there to a somewhat noteworthy career as a daredevil-slash A-hole, totalling no less than 7 cars before graduating high school. Thank God I found racing, at least it got me off the street!

3/9/09, 8:55 PM   #78
ffrid

1933 Plymouth 5-window coupe. PD model, had free wheeling and a little window shade on the rear window. 2nd car was a 1948 Stude Starlight coupe. Never was a racer, but the rear armrests in the Stude would hold a six-pack each.

3/9/09, 10:05 PM   #79
dant

69 Camaro,Rs convertible [cool vac. operated headlight doors]....never wrecked a street car ...but totaled 3 sprinters [chassis laying in the back yard]...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What was your 1st car