IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg updates?
7/26/20, 11:09 PM   #11
Longtime sprinter

Ballou was pretty blunt about his opinion of the track in his interview with Georgia after winning hard charger.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97
7/27/20, 8:29 AM   #12
Re: Lawrenceburg updates?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
^^^^ You fellas gonna hear from “Chuck”!
Maybe you should leave me out of it and read the forum rules to boot

I went to enjoy a race, I did, Like Jen said, I didn't have a spec of dust on me.
On top of that, Look around, We're lucky any tracks are racing right now. Many aren't

One of the most enjoyable things to watch for me was JJ Hughes, Think he was third or fourth quick overall Didn't transfer after starting third row in heat. Won B main twice. Yeah, got 16th after starting tenth but he was out there racing his tail off.

Not the best race, Not the worst either.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/27/20 at 9:46 AM.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, Ken Bonnema, the1jet17, Xflagman
7/27/20, 10:00 AM   #13
Ken Bonnema

Some of you folks are spoiled beyond belief. You have (IMHO) the best racing, drivers and tracks to go to and still you whine. BTW the track is the same for everyone and for the most part it's not the racers whining. They just strap in and RACE!!!

4 members like this post: Big Mike 7, Charles Nungester, Hustlin-Hoosier, opnwhlmnd
7/27/20, 11:41 AM   #14
SoIllSprinter

Track prep is a crap shoot at times but rocks, especially the size depicted, are unacceptable on a racing surface. Those are potential projectiles, dangerous to fans and competitors. The track should be turned a few times and chunked.

7/27/20, 4:37 PM   #15
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Bonnema View Post
Some of you folks are spoiled beyond belief. You have (IMHO) the best racing, drivers and tracks to go to and still you whine. BTW the track is the same for everyone and for the most part it's not the racers whining. They just strap in and RACE!!!
I rarely, if ever, comment on IOW about track preparation, but there’s a safety issue at Lawrenceburg with the rocks that are present in the racing surface.
I have had friends that come with me remark that the track preparation equipment causes the uneven racing surface and according to some of the locals the track preparation starts too late to be effective.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge
7/27/20, 5:40 PM   #16
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

The wind was blowing away from the main grandstand, so no dust there. Plenty of light dust in turn two, even at second to top row. I enjoyed the race. It was a little better than average for the Burg. I bring clear motorcycle glasses, so some dust is fine with me. I liked watching Chase Johnson race. He was very entertaining with his turn 4 slide jobs. Shane Cottle and him really went at it, passing each other back and forth for a while. If you just watched the leaders on Flo you would have probably thought it was a boring race. If you went, it was much better. The track prep was fairly good. It never rubbered over real bad. There were some bumps in turn one and a few other places, but the drivers seemed to adjust to it. The track favored those who qualified well, because it was fast and it takes a while to pass people.
Last edited by Adolph; 7/27/20 at 5:50 PM.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin
7/27/20, 6:02 PM   #17
IndianaSprintFan

The rocks ballou pulled out of the track could kill someone. I understand there are rocks in the majority of tracks at some point and it’s gonna happen, but those are ridiculous and something needs done about it immediately. I’m also tired of hearing “you all are so spoiled, stop complaining, blah blah blah”. That’s lame for lack of track prep. That’s not a golden ticket for a promoter to not give a F week in and week out. I haven’t been to burg for awhile and am to the point where I don’t even wanna go back. This was the first ISW race I’ve missed there in 10+ years. Hate seeing a place I’ve always loved just go to ****. And the worst part about the whole deal is the amount of money the city is willing to and has put into that place.

2 members like this post: fishnman, luckybuc97
7/27/20, 9:40 PM   #18
Ken Bonnema

Big rocks are a game changer for sure!!! But 43 RACERS,their teams and USAC made the decision that the track was safe to race on.
I stand by what I wrote. Many of you are spoiled.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg updates?