IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would you go?
5/14/20, 12:55 PM   #91
Tumey's 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshort36 View Post
Yes yes yes. This has all been a bunch of bs. Many more people die in car accidents. Do you still drive ? Many more die from lung cancer. Do you still smoke ? Many more die from the flu does that cause you to stay home ? Wake up this is America not North Korea
It is not correct more people die in car accidents than the coronavirus. I believe the correct number is 38,000 Americans die annually from car accidents, what are we up to now after about 4 months, 75,000-80,000 deaths. I agree though with the sentiment that life carries risks.

1 member likes this post: fish
5/14/20, 1:32 PM   #92
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
Congratulations on making it into your 8 th decade of racing. A truly remarkable feat. One I'm sure you did not accomplish without taking some risk.
The original topic of this post was "would you go". You sir, seem to question everyone's personal decision with questions such as when you asked Midget98 with "even if it endangered the innocent?" It is disappointing that you choose to berate those with a different opinion than yours when you could have answered the original post and left well enough alone.
Be well and I hope you make it into your 9th decade an even bigger fan of open wheel racing.
I certainly hope to continue into the future, thank you. I would respectfully disagree that asking a legitimate question about this situation is not "berating" someone. I think of berating as personally insulting by name calling, scolding, or being disrespectful. It would seem some on this forum,not you, are not of this mindset.

1 member likes this post: fish
5/14/20, 2:49 PM   #93
DJlives

I agree. In fact you added that as an addendum to one of my posts and I agreed. My decision is not just about me. And even though not an altruistic sentiment I have a daughter who really struggles with asthma. If I was to venture out and then suddenly I lost her to covid I would never forgive myself even if irrational. Sometimes willingness to take risks means accepting consequences beyond the self

1 member likes this post: dirt330
5/14/20, 10:30 PM   #94
Re: Would you go?
Ken Bonnema

So for all y'all screaming about your rights check THIS out
https://www.yahoo.com/news/mitch-mcc...200955192.html

They got us right where they want us..............

5/15/20, 3:42 AM   #95
addictedtodirt

The above post does not mention anything race car, nerf bar, dry slick, push truck, saved seating, ice cream, support series, cushion, hotel options, the "r" word, car count, drunk mouthy fan, concession stand must haves, tear offs, dust, tailgating, pit pass, pit lizard, pit cart, or ANYTHING related to this sport.
What's the name of this site again?

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, PJ Wright
5/15/20, 7:33 AM   #96
sp6967

Quote:
The above post does not mention anything race car, nerf bar, dry slick, push truck, saved seating, ice cream, support series, cushion, hotel options, the "r" word, car count, drunk mouthy fan, concession stand must haves, tear offs, dust, tailgating, pit pass, pit lizard, pit cart, or ANYTHING related to this sport.
i believe its indiana open wheel with the support class being whine.

2 members like this post: dirt330, monkeyboy
5/15/20, 9:52 AM   #97
Ken Bonnema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post
National Weekly Covid-19 Infection Averages:

Last Week- 25,667/day
2 Weeks Ago- 28,600/day
3 Weeks Ago- 31,919/day
4 Weeks Ago- 29,023/day
5 Weeks Ago- 31,965/day
6 Weeks Ago- 27,837/day

As of 7PM 5/11/2020 there have been 1,384,033 total confirmed infections in the United States. As of the 2010 census there was 328,000,000 people in the USA. That gives you an infection rate of 0.4%. Also does not include recovered or deceased.

Sorry, but I'm not willing to live my life on a fraction of 1%.

LIVE LIFE WFO!
Quote:

The 1st post here is one of many on this thread that does not mention....racingtorsionbartonystewartajfoytsprint carbirdcagejacobsladder....and the like. Y'all can go back to sleep now.

5/15/20, 11:01 AM   #98
racenut69

I should be safe to go out in public,since I've been drinking Lysol and injecting rubbing alcohol daily.....Now I gotta find a way to get UV light inside my body.....
Last edited by racenut69; 5/15/20 at 11:02 AM.

5 members like this post: DJlives, erich45, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, PIT CART
5/15/20, 11:28 AM   #99
Ken Bonnema

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut69 View Post
I should be safe to go out in public,since I've been drinking Lysol and injecting rubbing alcohol daily.....Now I gotta find a way to get UV light inside my body.....
I was gonna go there but........ Glad you did lol

2 members like this post: jim goerge, racenut69
5/15/20, 12:18 PM   #100
chop

Have your race track go to the local pot grow shop. Change out the track lights with UV pot bulbs. Fill the water truck with Lysol and spray the crowd as it goes down the front straightaway. Turn it back to a race conversion.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, The Old Coyote
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would you go?