IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daugherty Speedway Racing
5/9/20, 10:18 AM   #31
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

I guarantee the racing scene in Oregon pales in comparison to Indiana and that's good enough for me!

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Jerry Shaw, jonboat15, Jtravels, nathans1012
5/9/20, 12:00 PM   #32
Re: Daugherty Speedway Racing
Ken Bonnema

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
I guarantee the racing scene in Oregon pales in comparison to Indiana and that's good enough for me!
Of course the RACING'S better out there. IMHO it's not worth watching out here. It used to be really good in Ca. when San Jose , Capital, Ascot and the like were running but that's long gone. If ya like wings Ocean Speedway's good and USAC Midgets are good but I have not seen anything that compares to Indiana RACING on a nightly basis.

ISF, what does your sister dispute?? 4th amendment rights?? $12 min wage?? No Sales tax?? County Payroll Tax?? You can look all that stuff up. There's no utopia but just looking for another point of view as you didn't expand on your post. Hope ya have a great day!!

1 member likes this post: mc/rider
5/9/20, 12:01 PM   #33
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
It’s not about public safety.
Then what is it about?

5/9/20, 3:24 PM   #34
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...CVxw2OLWTZGnBB

5/9/20, 3:49 PM   #35
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

I wonder how the big protest went. Did the Sheriff resign? I wonder if they handed out free passes to the nice deputies who came out to visit him yesterday.

5/9/20, 5:38 PM   #36
captrat

A bit off topic but in MY opinion timely and educational. If you have Netflix go to a series they have called "Explained", go to Season 2 and look for the episode entitled "The Next Pandemic". Note it's date Nov. 7,2019.Food for thought.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
5/9/20, 7:36 PM   #37
sp6967

Last edited by sp6967; 5/9/20 at 7:42 PM.

5/9/20, 8:21 PM   #38
jonboat15

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Then what is it about?
That was a fun video. Thanks This reply was to ronmil
Last edited by jonboat15; 5/9/20 at 8:23 PM.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
5/9/20, 11:29 PM   #39
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Bonnema View Post
ISF, what does your sister dispute?? 4th amendment rights?? $12 min wage?? No Sales tax?? County Payroll Tax?? You can look all that stuff up. There's no utopia but just looking for another point of view as you didn't expand on your post. Hope ya have a great day!!
She graduated college Summa C um Laude and was born, raised and educated in Illinois. She's resided in Maryland, Panama Canal Zone prior to it being given away, Wyoming, Wisconsin, Colorado and now lives in southern Oregon to be near daughters and grandchildren but admittedly, never Indiana. That said she maintains that Oregon has the highest overall cost of living of anywhere she's lived. And again, no disrespect intended but I'll take her word over yours all day long.

We reside in Illinois and I must plead ignorance of the claim that Indiana abolished the 4th amendment.

1 member likes this post: Ken Bonnema
5/10/20, 7:31 AM   #40
Ken Bonnema

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
She graduated college Summa C um Laude and was born, raised and educated in Illinois. She's resided in Maryland, Panama Canal Zone prior to it being given away, Wyoming, Wisconsin, Colorado and now lives in southern Oregon to be near daughters and grandchildren but admittedly, never Indiana. That said she maintains that Oregon has the highest overall cost of living of anywhere she's lived. And again, no disrespect intended but I'll take her word over yours all day long.

We reside in Illinois and I must plead ignorance of the claim that Indiana abolished the 4th amendment.
No disrespect taken brother. It's really refreshing to have a civil conversation with someone who not only has a brain but actually uses it. Kudos to ya!!

https://www.fox19.com/story/14879523...out-a-warrant/

Here's the Fox news story from 2011 Re: the 4th amendment. Don't think its been repealed and the really bad news is that if it gets to SCOTUS they are now stacked the same way. It saddens me that so few In. residence's are aware of this.

I was wrong on the Minimum wage out here. It is $11.25 and will be $12.00 on 7/1/20. ($13.25 in Portland metro area)

I did a quick check on housing in So. Oregon with the criteria being up to 150K and am amazed at what that and less will buy.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...rice-na-150000.
Double wides for 60, new 3/2 from 143K

Property Tax is 1.04 and again no sales tax........HOWEVER, payroll tax starts at 5% and goes to 9.9%...........OUCH!!

So I get where your Sister is coming from. I'm guessing that if she's still working her tax rate is likely closer to 9.9 than 5%. That doesn't count Federal either. If she goes out to restaurants she will pay more than anywhere she's ever lived. I have no idea about Starbucks and the like 'cause I can't afford it.

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. SSI pays me a little over $800/month. I have an Oregon food card and use the pantry's. I stay home a lot 'cause when I'm home I'm not spending money. BTW, I had a business that failed around 2007 along with many others. I was owed a lot of money and that guy declared bankruptcy. In less than a year my net worth dropped by $280,000. Hard to recover from that.

Please thank your sister for helping to support me and others like me. I REALLY appreciate her for that. Take care buddy.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daugherty Speedway Racing