IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daugherty Speedway Racing
5/8/20, 4:12 PM   #21
Re: Daugherty Speedway Racing
Rpracing1

Cant really believe that people actually bought into this..............Oh never mind, yes I can.

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, fish, jim goerge, racer-x
5/8/20, 5:04 PM   #22
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Cant really believe that people actually bought into this..............Oh never mind, yes I can.
I am with you on this. Whether or not you agree with the local regulations is one topic. However, to blatantly tell the authorities that you are going to go against there wishes and and they cannot stop you is just silly. Especially when the topic at hand is public safety.

5/8/20, 9:06 PM   #23
IndianaSprintFan

The guy seems like a clown To me. He has taken it way to far. I originally liked what he was trying to do but but enough is enough. He is making racing look bad there’s a fine line between fighting for what you think is right, and flat out defying law and being ridiculous. Good luck to all they people he owes refunds to.

5/8/20, 10:03 PM   #24
Avon Open Wheel fan

He has already started refunding the money and said it could take a few days to process.
Attached Images
Screenshot_20200508-220146_Facebook.jpg (521.9 KB, 51 views)

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
5/8/20, 10:07 PM   #25
Avon Open Wheel fan

For those who have not watched this is the Facebook live video from this afternoon showing the barricades and the county sheriff's department in action when Michael attempted to enter the track to turn off the water since the pipes could have busted tonight.

https://www.facebook.com/DaughertySp...5222830419752/

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
5/8/20, 10:45 PM   #26
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

We are truly in some sad times.
Stay tuned, more to come.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
Last edited by Indy1808; 10/20/21 at 5:03 PM.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, Ken Bonnema
5/8/20, 10:47 PM   #27
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

This clown needs to cool it,videos,having a rally at the Sheriffs Dept,this will do nothing but paint a negative picture of promoters,drivers,crews, and dirt track fans.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 5/8/20 at 10:50 PM.

5/9/20, 1:33 AM   #28
Ken Bonnema

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
whats crapifornia or sh*tsinois, have to do with Indiana?
I'm SO glad you asked sir. The answer is very little but one thing is that all three states are part of the greatest experiment in history known as THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA aka THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. Pretty sure we all agree on this.

But there are some differences. California, Illinois and the state I live in (oregon) all have 4th amendment rights unlike indiana which has NO 4th Amendment rights (hello!!???)

I can't speak about Ca. and Ill. so I'll compare Oregon to Indiana.

#1 I save 9% on everything out here 'cause there is NO sales tax. Prices at wally world are the same here and there (gatorade is $1 here and there) less 9% of course.

#2 Minimum wage is $12/hr here vs. $7.25 there. Don't spend it all in one place.

#3 Ya know that county payroll tax they take out of your check every payday?? Not here. The last year I worked out there it amounted to one full paycheck out of my life. Now if you're "Lucky" enough to live in So. Indiana and work in Ky or vice versa then you get TWO county payroll taxes taken out AND get to pay $8 per day going across the bridge.

#4 Somehow , unlike Indiana our roads are not full of potholes. That's 'cause someone pulled the road funds into a different fund and THEN added a .10c TAX on gas and a .30c TAX on Diesel. (there's that "T' word again lol.)Those are the worst roads I have EVER driven on!!! Wonder what happened to that guy?? I heard (herd?) he moved.

Seniors are well taken care of out here. I am on a VERY fixed income and I'm very grateful to Oregon for the help they give. I live in a house that now has multiple bedrooms but it was a 2 bedroom when it sold for 123k two years ago. That's a little more than Indiana I guess but out here a Min. wage person might have a chance to be a property owner.

Restaurant food is more I'm sure because something close to a living wage is being paid. Fuel is 2.08. Should be less but not Oregon's fault. Greedy oil company's who know there is more money out here.

California of course is taxed to the hilt and sadly for me is not affordable.

5/9/20, 5:53 AM   #29
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
I am with you on this. Whether or not you agree with the local regulations is one topic. However, to blatantly tell the authorities that you are going to go against there wishes and and they cannot stop you is just silly. Especially when the topic at hand is public safety.
It’s not about public safety.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, duel, Indy1808, skids59
5/9/20, 9:20 AM   #30
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Bonnema View Post
I'm SO glad you asked sir. The answer is very little but one thing is that all three states are part of the greatest experiment in history known as THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA aka THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. Pretty sure we all agree on this.

But there are some differences. California, Illinois and the state I live in (oregon) all have 4th amendment rights unlike indiana which has NO 4th Amendment rights (hello!!???)

I can't speak about Ca. and Ill. so I'll compare Oregon to Indiana.

#1 I save 9% on everything out here 'cause there is NO sales tax. Prices at wally world are the same here and there (gatorade is $1 here and there) less 9% of course.

#2 Minimum wage is $12/hr here vs. $7.25 there. Don't spend it all in one place.

#3 Ya know that county payroll tax they take out of your check every payday?? Not here. The last year I worked out there it amounted to one full paycheck out of my life. Now if you're "Lucky" enough to live in So. Indiana and work in Ky or vice versa then you get TWO county payroll taxes taken out AND get to pay $8 per day going across the bridge.

#4 Somehow , unlike Indiana our roads are not full of potholes. That's 'cause someone pulled the road funds into a different fund and THEN added a .10c TAX on gas and a .30c TAX on Diesel. (there's that "T' word again lol.)Those are the worst roads I have EVER driven on!!! Wonder what happened to that guy?? I heard (herd?) he moved.

Seniors are well taken care of out here. I am on a VERY fixed income and I'm very grateful to Oregon for the help they give. I live in a house that now has multiple bedrooms but it was a 2 bedroom when it sold for 123k two years ago. That's a little more than Indiana I guess but out here a Min. wage person might have a chance to be a property owner.

Restaurant food is more I'm sure because something close to a living wage is being paid. Fuel is 2.08. Should be less but not Oregon's fault. Greedy oil company's who know there is more money out here.

California of course is taxed to the hilt and sadly for me is not affordable.
I have a sister that lives in Oregon and she paints a much different picture. Forgive me if I take her word over yours on this particular subject.

6 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Jerry Shaw, Jtravels, nathans1012, PIT CART, sp6967
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daugherty Speedway Racing