IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mav TV you let us down!!!!!
1/22/14, 8:40 PM   #61
Re: Mav TV you let us down!!!!!
riskybrisky5

Just my opinion but not letting drivers not take care of business in the pits has hurt the sport not helped it. It has also cost car owners a lot of money because drivers know that there is no consequences for there actions. If I was a promoter I would tell the drivers in the drivers meeting if you have a problem with another driver take care of it on the track and watch the crowds grow. I respect both drivers but Brad happened to make a bad decision this time. I actually called it was going to happen the lap before.

1/22/14, 10:10 PM   #62
4wheelsinthekoosh

I am with brisky. Drivers dont have to worry anymore about A. An a$$ kicking when they get back to the pits. B. Getting hurt when they feed someone a stiff RR. There are no longer any consequences for taking someone out. So it will just continue as always and they will keep taking out guys cause honestly its easier than trying to pass them the right way.

4 members like this post: CRA91, Morgan7m, Rpracing1, weirracing
1/22/14, 10:24 PM   #63
Morgan7m

OK, I hate this but I just can’t seem to stay out of this thread and I had hoped it would have died out by now but Billy seems to always get a thread of his going by his sense of humor. (Keep it up Billy) I feel that I finally have to put my worthless 2 cents in with all of the others on here that are so lame. I am amazed in a way that so many are bashing Cottle when this doesn’t seem to be his normal personality, but I may be mistaken. Would I have gone after Kuhn if he had dumped me, Heck YES!!! Why?? Because that’s how all of us learned growing up on the bullrings of Indiana, racing the likes of Bob Kinser and other legends. Bob and the others demanded RESPECT. They had respect on the track for their driving talent as well as they had respect of the drivers they raced against. If they didn’t, Bob or the others would take care of it not only in the pits but on the track and even fight at the edge of the track. RESPECT!!!

I agree 100% with riskybrisky5. I will add, that the person that is in the worst spot is the car owner that loves the sport and has a driver in the seat that is not his son or a family member. This situation or combination basically goes unnoticed or discussed. That the owner just got his car tore up because of the lack of respect from a driver and is now required to spend thousands more of his own hard earned money to put the car back together and compete again. Now I’m not talking about “racing accidents”, I’m talking stupid moves drivers make and even drivers that seem to crash your car a few times a year. I have had guys crash my car on the yellow flags, but that goes unnoticed. Owners suck it up and pay the bills and rebuild. Ever wonder if this could be another one of the reasons there are fewer car owners than previous years?

Riskybrisky5, and 4wheelsinthekoosh, we know what it was like racing 20 years ago and the respect that we gave each other and other drivers that deserved it. We also know that we would receive a true beating after the race if we did something intentional to one of them or even if it were an accident. They had our full RESPECT. If we respected them, they respected us. I also say, let the drivers take care of these issues on the track and if the hired driver won’t take care of it, let the owner take care of it in the pits. Guarantee you that if a driver of mine will not take care of my assets and interests as if it were his, then I will find another driver for the next race. If things now were the way things were, like a couple of decades ago and farther back, there would be a lot less car crashing going on. If it did, they knew what they were going to get when they got out of the car or got back on the track again. There are a lot of drivers that do not have discipline and the lack of discipline usually means they have no respect for others assets. No discipline or respect is a combination for costing a lot of people a lot of money before someone teaches the individual what discipline and respect are.

Ray Morgan

5 members like this post: CRA91, PJ Wright, Quick Change, Rpracing1, Speedracer
1/22/14, 10:43 PM   #64
Tim Bookmiller

Respect says it all in my day before the " slide for life " started- to pass Bob Kinser -Butch -or Bobby Black you better get er done or if not there would be a conversation in the pits or parking lot and God love him when Bob Kinser took the cigar outta his mouth -----conversation over . We need to get back to that - and race each other the right way fair and square who ever is the fastest not who slides who

7 members like this post: babcock14d, CRA91, Morgan7m, Quick Change, Rpracing1, RRoberts, sc17x
1/23/14, 1:55 AM   #65
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Just a thought... Modifieds still have a Claim rule on motors. What if that rule was modified somewhat to protect the wrecked car owner.

A punch to the wallet might work better than one to jaw.

1 member likes this post: fish
1/23/14, 4:44 AM   #66
Roy Bleckert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Just a thought... Modifieds still have a Claim rule on motors. What if that rule was modified somewhat to protect the wrecked car owner.

A punch to the wallet might work better than one to jaw.
Interesting idea , how you would implement it could be tricky

1/23/14, 7:28 AM   #67
Morgan7m

Tim,
You are one of the handful I was thinking about when I was writing, that are one of the Legends along with Bob. There was just another type of attitude and atmosphere in the pit area. You knew where you stood with other drivers whether good or bad. Every driver was a rookie at one time or another and you had to prove yourself over time and gain the respect of all the other drivers. If you never gained their respect, you had your work cut out for yourself watching your back on and off the track. It became too much for many drivers and they would decide to do something else. I enjoyed the times we raced each other Tim, great memories. You had my full respect and still do.
Ray Morgan

1 member likes this post: RRoberts
1/23/14, 7:56 AM   #68
riskybrisky5

I just wanted to clarify in my post. When I said take care of it on the track I meant man to man not with the race car.

1/23/14, 8:34 AM   #69
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan7m View Post
No discipline or respect

Ray Morgan
IMO the cause of most of our Country's problems !
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

3 members like this post: CRA91, Mud Packer, weirracing
1/23/14, 9:01 AM   #70
JazzTrombonist

Race Count Last Year: 44

There was a lot of good racing at the CHILI BOWL! Lots of GOOD racing!

I'm rather embarrassed for our sport right now. The thread talking about the race has TWO responses!http://www.indianaopenwheel.com/show...663&styleid=17

This thread, complete with a title that bashes the greatest television friend our sport has in MavTV, has 69 responses of blood thirsty mindless neanderthal drivel!

I'm embarrassed and ashamed!

Please redirect here http://www.indianaopenwheel.com/show...663&styleid=17 if anyone is interested in the racing that went on in Tulsa.
Last edited by JazzTrombonist; 1/23/14 at 9:21 AM.

2 members like this post: darnall, racefan20
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mav TV you let us down!!!!!