IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
B99 (Offline)
  #1 2/12/22 3:31 PM
Just saw a post on facebook that Kevin Olson perished in a traffic accident. His companion Nancy is in critical condition. Prayers to the Olson family.
2 Likes: bighd0522, tirespinner
jdull99 (Offline)
  #2 2/12/22 3:36 PM

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
3 Likes: John P Huss, Rcar, tirespinner
racefan20 (Offline)
  #3 2/12/22 3:50 PM
So sorry to hear about this. Kevin was a unique individual and will be missed.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
3 Likes: PJ Wright, rick42, tirespinner
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #4 2/12/22 4:04 PM
This is terrible news. He was a legend and friend to many. Can’t believe this.
5 Likes: interpreter66, jdull99, John P Huss, rick42, tirespinner
Pitdad (Offline)
  #5 2/12/22 4:25 PM
I'm devastated. I don't think Kevin was planning to race this year, but I was so looking forward to seeing him and hanging out with him at The Prairie. He's the reason Dave moved to Wisconsin and joined Badger, to race with KO and to race at Sun Prairie. He was bigger than life. He knew everyone and everyone knew him. We will miss him.
9 Likes: Black Deuce, CRA91, DaveP63, dirt40, KSchudi, PIT CART, PJ Wright, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Joe Schaub (Offline)
  #6 2/12/22 4:47 PM
Sad to hear this. He is definitely one of those people that just seemed to always make you smile and laugh whenever you heard his name.

RIP

Just here to read threads, enjoy racing and no drama.
5 Likes: Black Deuce, PIT CART, Pitdad, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #7 2/12/22 4:58 PM
Terrible shame, I remember sharing some conversations with KO, just BSing or giving him congrats on an article in SC&M. The guy left his info for anyone to talk and chat about racing, or trying to chainsaw tree limbs without the minimum of a six pak in the belly, gotta stack the carbs you know. I told him thats why he got hurt the last time.lol..
We are all going to miss that monkey. ........................Still hard to believe
2 Likes: PIT CART, tirespinner
jdull99 (Offline)
  #8 2/12/22 5:06 PM
I wish the best for Nancy. I just saw the both of them at our local scrap yard about a month ago (a fitting memory, as the three of us had took a trip there when I helped him move just over 6yrs ago...I was thankful, and shocked, when he told them to write the check to my name...scrap price was low then...lol)

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
4 Likes: John P Huss, PJ Wright, Rcar, tirespinner
Ray3 (Offline)
  #9 2/12/22 6:07 PM
We decided to honor KO by putting his final victory on YouTube. He won this race on July 21, 2019 at age 68. Click below.

Kevin Olson wins at Angell Park Speedway
25 Likes: 48modracer, Black Deuce, chrismattlin, CRA91, DaveP63, dirt40, dirtball, erich45, jdull99, Joe Schaub, John P Huss, jonboat15, Ken Bonnema, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, Pitdad, PJ Wright, spicoli, sprintracer82, tirespinner, tj39, TNRustler, Tom23, wallbanger II, Will Shunk
jdull99 (Offline)
  #10 2/12/22 7:12 PM
Originally Posted by Ray3:
We decided to honor KO by putting his final victory on YouTube. He won this race on July 21, 2019 at age 68. Click below.

Kevin Olson wins at Angell Park Speedway
Thank-you. Haven't seen it yet. Also looking for the one when him & Derek Doerr battled this summer...I missed that one too...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com