IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #1 6/26/20 4:05 PM
Just got an email saying they will only guarantee 2 of my 3 seats. They had an option to choose alternate locations for the third, but won't guarantee it. Regardless new admission tickets are being issued.

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
ronmil (Offline)
  #2 6/26/20 9:54 PM
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote:
Just got an email saying they will only guarantee 2 of my 3 seats. They had an option to choose alternate locations for the third, but won't guarantee it. Regardless new admission tickets are being issued.
I just logged in and confirmed the two seats I have held for 53 years. This is my 56th consecutive year. Good luck on getting your third ticket.
They are encouraging fans over 65 to stay home. If I didn't get the virus during midget week after being around all of those people from everywhere, I think I am safe. I didn't wear a mask and I didn't see many who did. Some fans wear masks anyway because of the dust at certain tracks, so the ones I saw could have been for that reason.

Ron Miller
8 Likes: chrismattlin, dirt330, i love dirt track racing, Indy1808, luckybuc97, PAW, PIT CART, WinglessLovers
axman897 (Offline)
  #3 6/27/20 6:48 AM
Looks like I'm out this year since we join a group who has the tickets. Typically we sit in the shade right by the entrance to turn one. Sure we could probably request two extra tickets, but I'm not sure if Dad could make it baking in the August sun. As Dad said, this just means extra dirt races for us this year. From us that attended IMW, 50% capacity seemed just like full capacity this year. Hopeful we can run a typical 500 in May 2021.
2 Likes: dirt330, ronmil
Will Shunk (Offline)
  #4 6/27/20 4:11 PM
With an uptick in hospitalizations around the country due to Memorial Day activities, more to come following July 4th festivities, and folks holding ticket seniority probably in the 65 yr old and up category, this 500 mile race is still in serious jeopardy even at 50%. Not to be a jerk, but all the senior citizen ticket holders from across this country will attend which could mean a lot of covid - 19 to be spread and more available seats for 2021. Enjoy the race if you go.
brsteg (Offline)
  #5 6/27/20 6:53 PM
Originally Posted by Will Shunk:
With an uptick in hospitalizations around the country due to Memorial Day activities, more to come following July 4th festivities, and folks holding ticket seniority probably in the 65 yr old and up category, this 500 mile race is still in serious jeopardy even at 50%. Not to be a jerk, but all the senior citizen ticket holders from across this country will attend which could mean a lot of covid - 19 to be spread and more available seats for 2021. Enjoy the race if you go.
Yea, those are the activities we should be pointing at.
toprowjim (Offline)
  #6 6/28/20 5:11 PM
Isn't there a Federal Law against age discrimination?
4 Likes: dirt330, luckybuc97, racenut69, ronmil
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #7 6/28/20 6:22 PM
Originally Posted by toprowjim:
Isn't there a Federal Law against age discrimination?
There’s a law for everything anymore !
2 Likes: dirt330, racenut69