IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
blisteredRRear (Offline)
  #1 6/30/08 5:56 PM
Will the Burg be having campsites available for sprint week this year? With all the work they have done not sure what is available. Will sites be available for rent or reservations? Do you allow golf carts? We have a team owner (#71)that can not get around very well and he requires a cart. :help:
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #2 6/30/08 5:59 PM
We will have camping available in the midway just like last year. The fee is Free!! All we ask is that you keep your area clean. As far as golf carts, we do not allow carts to be driven from the pits to the midway. Thanks, Dave
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #3 6/30/08 6:00 PM
Originally Posted by blisteredRRear:
Will the Burg be having campsites available for sprint week this year? With all the work they have done not sure what is available. Will sites be available for rent or reservations? Do you allow golf carts? We have a team owner (#71)that can not get around very well and he requires a cart. :help:
The fairgrounds are in pretty good shape themselves except right up by the track and over by the ditch that used to run behind. Still there is plenty of room. I plan on camping myself only living 40 miles from the track. I believe it's a no reservation, first come, first choice thing and only along the road are hookups.

Chuck

Charles Nungester
blisteredRRear (Offline)
  #4 6/30/08 6:46 PM
thanks Dave can the cart be out with the camper the team hauler is bringing it down it will probably only go back there early afternoon o and or after the race, not during racing activities. So first come first served, when does the campground open?
We have used the paved area right behind turn two for our three camper/motorhome brigad, is that still there under the big oak?
thanks for the info chuck...... go Demon

Mark Kehoe
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 6/30/08 6:49 PM
Seen Mowerman and crew there as much as two or three days early before

Charles Nungester
blisteredRRear (Offline)
  #6 6/30/08 7:34 PM
cann't afford to get there that early if you know what I mean. The place across the street gets really expensive when you have luck like mine. Will try to get there early on Wednesday or mid evening on Tuesday......do they have water hook ups or can you get water there. Heard they have some with power too is that right? We never get there early enough to get those it seems.
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #7 6/30/08 8:46 PM
That would be ok with the cart. Your spot is still there, you can move in after the junk show on sunday evening. There is electric and water hookups there also. I say come on Saturday see some USAC guys practice and race. Stay the week and help me, lol
Take care, Dave
smith19 (Offline)
  #8 6/30/08 10:13 PM
yea dave isn't kidding. on practice day charles showed up early and it looked like he was used to pack the track. :rolling:rolling:rolling
mowerman (Offline)
  #9 6/30/08 10:18 PM
hey dave we will be there saturday.cannot wait.bob and monica
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #10 6/30/08 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by mowerman:
hey dave we will be there saturday.cannot wait.bob and monica
We have missed you guys!! Don't forget the palm trees, :rolling
Maybe stay the week and work,:applaud: