IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Vookie (Offline)
  #1 12/20/22 11:52 PM
https://twitter.com/IndyRaceParts/st...92857551994881
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, tirespinner
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #2 12/21/22 12:14 AM
Hopefully the “ different direction “ means there will be racing in 2023.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
16 Likes: 2fast4u, BrentTFunk, Dale, Dirtfan, erich45, Ilovedirttrackracing, John P Huss, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, racenut69, rdzsprint, Steve Wendel, tirespinner, TNRustler, wildman92
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #3 12/21/22 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69:
Hopefully the “ different direction “ means there will be racing in 2023.
I couldn't agree more with you.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner, wildman92
oppweld (Offline)
  #4 12/21/22 1:12 PM
I want to thank the out going promotional staff for their outstanding efforts and major upgrades to the facility.
17 Likes: BrentTFunk, captrat, cowboyhar69, Dale, DaveP63, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, openwheelfan1, rick42, ronmil, The Old Coyote, tirespinner, TNRustler, Will Shunk
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #5 12/21/22 1:42 PM
Hopefully the fair board will be able to bring someone in. With the improvements that this group made, I would think a replacement wouldn't be too hard to find. Unless the board is hard to work with, and can't come to a reasonable contract.
7 Likes: cowboyhar69, Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, PIT CART, ronmil, tirespinner
diversified (Offline)
  #6 12/21/22 2:10 PM
Track Enterprises/ Bob Sargeant is coming back...and the "TBA" on USAC's schedule are THAT shows
20 Likes: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, Dale, dirtnonwingfan, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, oppweld, progressive22, racenut69, Rapid Rick, ronmil, SpfldMile, Stephen Cording, Steve Wendel, tamati, tirespinner, TNRustler
oppweld (Offline)
  #7 12/21/22 3:34 PM
Originally Posted by diversified:
Track Enterprises/ Bob Sargeant is coming back...and the "TBA" on USAC's schedule are THAT shows
Now for the number one question that will be asked. "Will old grandstand cooler policy be restored?"
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, PIT CART, racenut69, ronmil, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #8 12/21/22 3:36 PM
Originally Posted by diversified:
That would be great.
7 Likes: Dale, Dirtfan, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, ronmil, tirespinner
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #9 12/21/22 3:43 PM
Originally Posted by oppweld:
Now for the number one question that will be asked. "Will old grandstand cooler policy be restored?"
Would you pay for a few refreshments to have the track running? I, for one, would!

Whoever is promoting has got to, at least, break even!!!

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
19 Likes: Bostonian, BrentTFunk, captrat, cornerthree, cowboyhar69, Crankin, Dale, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, OnTheHammer, rimrider69, ronmil, ROSS, SpfldMile, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #10 12/21/22 4:31 PM
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote:
Would you pay for a few refreshments to have the track running? I, for one, would!

Whoever is promoting has got to, at least, break even!!!

Whatever the policy is, It should be clear both to fans and employees before a maylee happens. I give all the props in the world for what Bernie, Ronk Ballou and others did. Just sad it didn't work out.

Something tells me that track needs to make most of it's $$ during fair week or it's not going to survive. Demo Derby, monster trucks. sprint week. Maybe a hell tour. TE kept it's dates last year but at a different track.

At least TE has a promotions dept. Usually get half a dozen or more promotion flyers, here, FB, Twitter and Im sure locally.

Thanks for the Armco! Best of luck to TE or whoever gets it. Hope someone does.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: DJlives, Hustlin-Hoosier