IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
EldoraMark (Offline)
  #1 2/13/22 9:27 PM
KKM rented the track today at Bubba for Buddy in the 67 sprinter. On one of the practice session the rear tire exploded and sent Buddy head on into the wall. Buddy was not injured but the car was totaled. Pete W said that they did not have a back up. They said they never seen a tire explode like that one. Part of the tire went flying and broke out a window on a motor home that was parked in the pits.
8 Likes: AustinSprinter, Bostonian, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, ginblueearth, jdull99, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #2 2/13/22 9:45 PM
Glad Buddy is OK and KKM does have backup cars. they brought fifteen to Chili Bowl

Charles Nungester
Sprintfanatic (Offline)
  #3 2/13/22 9:52 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Glad Buddy is OK and KKM does have backup cars. they brought fifteen to Chili Bowl
Charles, check the original post, "Buddy in the 67 sprinter."
15 midgets, maybe only one sprint car.
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, dirtnonwingfan, erich45, jdull99, opnwhlmnd, progressive22, racenut69, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #4 2/13/22 10:27 PM
Oh, Ok, I get ya, Thought it was midget practice. Well they got a couple days to make a run. Just glad he's ok.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, Will Shunk
hairracer44 (Offline)
  #5 2/13/22 10:53 PM
Video of aftermath that was on Facebook. I didn't realize when I first saw it that it was Buddy's car.

https://www.facebook.com/MedstarDirt...75342913928495
6 Likes: AustinSprinter, BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, Russ, tirespinner, Will Shunk
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #6 2/14/22 10:04 AM
Glad he is alright. He is a heck of a driver. I was looking forward to him running a sprint car this year.
5 Likes: chrismattlin, ginblueearth, luckybuc97, tirespinner, Will Shunk
Pitdad (Offline)
  #7 2/14/22 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Glad he is alright. He is a heck of a driver. I was looking forward to him running a sprint car this year.
Maybe somebody can put together a “GoFundMe” for Pete and Keith so they can build a new car. I know how tough it is for a struggling team to replace a bent frame.
5 Likes: bighd0522, CRA91, Indy1808, jdull99, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #8 2/14/22 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Pitdad:
Maybe somebody can put together a “GoFundMe” for Pete and Keith so they can build a new car. I know how tough it is for a struggling team to replace a bent frame.
With them not having a second car, I think it would be tough to do with the time allotted. No amount of money can buy time. I know they were planning on running for points. I hope this doesn't discourage them.
7 Likes: Dirtfan, ginblueearth, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner, Will Shunk
hoscalecody (Offline)
  #9 2/14/22 3:53 PM
Just posted on USAC facebook page, they have the car down to the frame and looks like they're going to rebuild it.

Corky
10 Likes: AustinSprinter, BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, ginblueearth, jdull99, jonboat15, luckybuc97, Sprints fan 11, tirespinner, Will Shunk
CRA91 (Offline)
  #10 2/14/22 9:22 PM
With the experience those guys have and provided with the parts they need to fix it, a car can be built in 8 to 10 hrs. if not quicker with 4 or 5 people working on it. I know this as I've I have had to do it before.Nice sarcasem there Pitdad.

Terry James Jr.
11 Likes: Blitzman, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, jdull99, jonboat15, Pitdad, sc17x, tirespinner, TQ29m, trannyman