IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anybody Know What is Up with JJ Yeley??
8/28/08, 10:16 AM   #21
Re: Anybody Know What is Up with JJ Yeley??
sprinter25

from www.jayski.com...

Yeley to sit Watkins Glen out? UPDATE 5 Yeley released, Coleman in rest of year: hearing that P.J. Jones will drive the #96 DLP Hall of Fame Racing Toyota at Watkins Glen in place or regular driver J.J. Yeley. Yeley failed to qualify for the last road course race at Infineon Raceway in June. Jones recently tested the #96 at Road Atlanta.(8-5-2008)
UPDATE: Jones has replaced Yeley on the Watkins Glen Entry List.(8-5-2008)
UPDATE 2: P.J. Jones will drive the #96 DLP HDTV Toyota in Sunday's Centurion Boats at The Glen Sprint Cup Series race at the Watkins Glen International road course. Jones, who has seven Sprint Cup starts at The Glen with two top-10 finishes, takes over for Hall of Fame Racing's regular driver J.J. Yeley. "We appreciate P.J. helping out the team this weekend at Watkins Glen," said Tom Garfinkel, co-owner of Hall of Fame Racing. "P.J. is an experienced road racer and we look forward to having a great run with him in the DLP Toyota."(Hall of Fame Racing PR)(8-5-2008)
UPDATE 3: hearing that Yeley may not return to the #96 ride after Watkins Glen, no word if Jones takes over or if Tony Raines would come back or if the team has Brad Coleman take over.(8-6-2008)
UDPATE 4: hearing that Brad Coleman will drive the #96 starting at Michigan and for the rest of the year.(8-5-2008)
UPDATE 5: Hall of Fame Racing officials announced that Nationwide Series driver Brad Coleman, who has been under contract as a test driver for Hall of Fame Racing since November 2007, will make his Sprint Cup Series debut by piloting the #96 DLP HDTV Toyota in the Aug. 17 3M Performance 400 at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn. Coleman will replace J.J. Yeley who has been released by the team.(Hall of Fame Racing PR)(8-6-2008)

The team has now announced that Joey Logano will be in the car for 5 races this year, which means Brad Coleman is looking again....

8/28/08, 10:40 AM   #22
SpfldMile

One thing is for sure, JJ was a monster in a sprint car. Lets hope he comes back to open wheel racing, and doesn't bang around in the trucks for another 5 years. Honestly I hope he does whatever is best for him, but for selfish reasons I'd like to see him backing it in somewhere. I hope he does well at Duquoin. Anyone know what car he will be in?

8/28/08, 11:21 AM   #23
mortboyz

I was told this morning that he will likely be running the Midget and Silver Crown cars at DuQuoin for Jack Yeley/Joe Dooling.

8/28/08, 12:05 PM   #24
Gregg

I'm certain this will be a good thing for JJ in the end. The only time this team ever sniffed victory in two years was when Terry Labonte did the Mobil economy run at Infineon last year and almost made it work.

8/28/08, 9:11 PM   #25
LocalYokel

JJ will probably get another ride in NASCAR and wind up with the likes of Jason Leffler and Mike Bliss, not superstars but able to pay the bills...

8/28/08, 9:27 PM   #26
pletchfan

I for one hope that he gets offered another ride next year and some totally top of the line equipment then he will show everyone what he is capable of. I think he can handle the cars I just think he has not been given the equipment or the pit crew that would do what he needed. He has a proven record as a winner and I think he will come out on top no matter what happens.

8/28/08, 10:43 PM   #27
Racecar

He had top of line equipment in the Busch series for two years in the Gibbs 20 and could not produce. JJ is an decent driver but struggles in the heavy fendered cars. I doubt he gets a ride in the Cup side there is nothing out there. I see him in Nationwide or a Truck, maybe doesn't look good as there is not much out there!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anybody Know What is Up with JJ Yeley??