IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anybody Know What is Up with JJ Yeley??
8/27/08, 10:10 PM   #1
Anybody Know What is Up with JJ Yeley??
pletchfan

There was someone different in his car for the road race and I kind of got that, maybe road courses are not JJ's strong suit. Then last week at Bristol they have Kenny Schrader in the car and he is also I think driving this weekend in California and then he is going to run the Richmond race. They have come out with an announcement today that Joey Lagano is going to drive the car for 5 races. What gives?? Nothing is being said about JJ. Please be nice with your responses too. I don't want to hear from JJ bashers, just curious if anyone knows if he has lost his ride, if he is sick, had surgery, stepped down on his own?? I tried going to his website but it does not tell me anything either. If anyone knows what is really going on please let me know. If you don't want to post it on the board you can pm me. Thanks.

8/27/08, 10:16 PM   #2
Re: Anybody Know What is Up with JJ Yeley??
1BIGracefan

JJ lost his ride sometime ago in the DLP toyota Midget week!
Last edited by 1BIGracefan; 8/27/08 at 10:25 PM.

8/27/08, 10:17 PM   #3
midgy

He will be driving this weekend at DuQuoin.

8/27/08, 10:22 PM   #4
pletchfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BIGracefan View Post
JJ lost his ride sometime ago in the DLP toyota
When did that happen?? He ran the Brickyard and that was not very long ago. Then he went on to run Pocono too which was this month. I never did hear any announcement or anything.
Last edited by pletchfan; 8/27/08 at 10:35 PM.

8/27/08, 10:40 PM   #5
Racecar

He was fired, our beloved JJ just can't get a handle on those big heavy fendered cars.

8/27/08, 10:47 PM   #6
pletchfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecar View Post
He was fired, our beloved JJ just can't get a handle on those big heavy fendered cars.
I hate to hear that. He had been in Nascar long enough that he was living that lifestyle. They did a special on him showing a VERY BIG, BEAUTIFUL, SPACIOUS HOME!!! Nascar is where the money is, not as much fun, but certainly pays better.
Hope this does not get him in financial troubles.

8/27/08, 11:07 PM   #7
YeleynSmoke

Since JJ has been out of that car, The car has had a 38th place finish at Watkins Glen, and that was because of a Huge Crash with ten laps to go. Before that- The car was 43rd.

At Michigan- The car finished 38th again and that was because of crashes and Blown engines. Basically he raced around the track almost the WHOLE RACE in 43rd place.

Kenny Schrader took it over next- He qualified a really good 7th, but he dropped to 18th by lap 60 and fell back even further into 30th place or more by midway. He also grabbed some spots due to some big wreck and came home with a decent 21st place finish.

The car has been very bad , but with Logano coming over from JGR to drive 5 races, I think Joey might get some good equipment and you might be seeing a difference in the car this weekend. Just a guess.

But the car prior to that- JJ was doing the very best he could. They just never really listened to him. He asked them at Indy to take 4 tires and they did a two tire stop. At one race he had to battle from one lap down due to the water bottle incident and the last race he drove the car- They ran him out of gas with 5 laps to GO!! Not one- But 5!!! Thats not a JJ issue.

Oh Well- I will never believe that JJ was the problem in the 18 or the 96! He just has had some poor equipment and when the car was good- Dang- SOmething broke or someone crashed him out.

8/27/08, 11:11 PM   #8
pletchfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeleynSmoke View Post
Since JJ has been out of that car, The car has had a 38th place finish at Watkins Glen, and that was because of a Huge Crash with ten laps to go. Before that- The car was 43rd.

At Michigan- The car finished 38th again and that was because of crashes and Blown engines. Basically he raced around the track almost the WHOLE RACE in 43rd place.

Kenny Schrader took it over next- He qualified a really good 7th, but he dropped to 18th by lap 60 and fell back even further into 30th place or more by midway. He also grabbed some spots due to some big wreck and came home with a decent 21st place finish.

The car has been very bad , but with Logano coming over from JGR to drive 5 races, I think Joey might get some good equipment and you might be seeing a difference in the car this weekend. Just a guess.

But the car prior to that- JJ was doing the very best he could. They just never really listened to him. He asked them at Indy to take 4 tires and they did a two tire stop. At one race he had to battle from one lap down due to the water bottle incident and the last race he drove the car- They ran him out of gas with 5 laps to GO!! Not one- But 5!!! Thats not a JJ issue.

Oh Well- I will never believe that JJ was the problem in the 18 or the 96! He just has had some poor equipment and when the car was good- Dang- SOmething broke or someone crashed him out.
I am in total agreement with you on him not getting good equipment. I still think he has the talent but I don't know if anyone will give him a chance now. That stinks!!!

8/27/08, 11:45 PM   #9
KOP

The last race he drove the car- They ran him out of gas with 5 laps to GO!! Not one- But 5!!! Thats not a JJ issue. [

I would pay $500 to of had Jack in the car and have it run out of gas with 5 to go. The garage would of been the place to be then! :O:

8/28/08, 5:26 AM   #10
Mark Sr

I remember a guy named Steve Kinser that couldn't make it in NASCAR.. he went on to do very well.. maybe the TV thing will help him.... or his wife could get a job.. Do they still do the.. (Women Work??) LOL!!! Maybe he sould drive the Truck's. most guy's that suck in the car's do very good in the truck's...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anybody Know What is Up with JJ Yeley??