IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
mlamb (Offline)
  #11 1/20/24 2:35 PM
Originally Posted by mlamb:
I can’t remember who won that race? I thought I was there. Was it Nick Fonoro, if it was I was there also.
Rich Vogler won the inaugural Fornoro won the 2nd one.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Ken Bonnema, Rapid Rick, tirespinner
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #12 1/20/24 4:58 PM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
Still have the Cyclone?
I don't have my 63 split window corvette either!
Yes I do. And a few others. I don’t own a for sale sign!
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, tirespinner, TQ29m
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #13 1/20/24 5:54 PM
Rich Vogler dominated that night.
2 Likes: mlamb, tirespinner
Rapid Rick (Offline)
  #14 1/20/24 6:05 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Rich Vogler dominated that night.
Vogler's dominance explains why the cold didn't seem too bad that night. Maybe also because I was 25 and had to thoroughly check out the new dome's beer selections.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
DaveP63 (Offline)
  #15 1/21/24 5:11 PM
We were there. Had a six pack of moose head in the back floorboard which froze and made quite a mess.
4 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, Rapid Rick, tirespinner, TQ29m
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #16 1/23/24 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:
Not so much racing, but 50 years ago today, Notre Dame beat UCLA in basketball in South Bend to end their 88 game winning streak. It was on the local news. The one thing I never knew is that for Bill Walton, UCLA's big star, it was the first game he ever lost, not only in college at UCLA, but in HIGH SCHOOL, too!

That was jaw dropping!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sexkoWvbiUI

Digger Phelps said it was the first time when the student body stormed the court. Nowadays, storming the court is as common as using salt and pepper.
Mike,

This post brought back good memories!! Remember going up to the attic to watch the game so I did not disturb my other family members. It was a great game and if I remember right I believe Austin Carr was the star for the Notre Dame upset scoring 46 points!!

Thanks for the memory jog!!!

Bruce Eckel
4 Likes: Grocery Guy, Hubie48, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner