IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Vookie (Offline)
  #1 5/1/24 7:19 PM
Race Of The Week : USAC East Coast Sprints at Port Royal Speedway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYpMUyY6WJw
9 Likes: berks co, BrentTFunk, duel, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, oppweld, SpfldMile, TNRustler
oppweld (Offline)
  #2 5/2/24 9:51 AM
The way they should be contested, Slide job city on the half mile!
2 Likes: duel, flagboy55
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #3 5/2/24 10:54 AM
That was a hell of a race!
2 Likes: duel, flagboy55
dirtybob29 (Offline)
  #4 5/2/24 1:31 PM
The super sportsman race was even better
2 Likes: flagboy55, oppweld
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #5 5/2/24 1:40 PM
I have expert commentary from out East that said the track conditions were an anomaly that helped contribute to a great race. I have to agree with him as there was steam coming off the tires. I’ve never been there, but just about every time I watch racing from there, the surface looks equally suited for hockey. Hopefully the powers that be noticed this as well and apply the proper prep to achieve that type of track when USAC arrives. After which I can say I’ve been there.
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #6 5/2/24 6:28 PM
The wingless races were fantastic, I wish the 410's would've raced without the wings. lol.. I believe people should not complain about a track unless they have been there in person, second hand news is exactly worth what you paid for it.
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #7 5/2/24 9:00 PM
Johnboat15, if you took my comment as a complaint, you would have taken it out of context. I merely stated that, from someone one who I trust and has been there, the track was not the usual surface. The race was fantastic. The track had moisture. I prefer on every dirt track that a tacky, dust free, surface, should be the goal. But that’s just me. No complaints about that race
revjimk (Offline)
  #8 5/2/24 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by dirtybob29:
The super sportsman race was even better
All 3 features were good, IMHO