IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racefan20 (Offline)
  #11 6/9/23 4:18 PM
Originally Posted by VSneader2:
Does Bloomington accept CC?I havent been down there in a few years.
Yes but their wifi is very slow there so not only is it going to take a long time to pay(both at the gate and concessions) but it will greatly slow the line. Best idea is to find an ATM on the way

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: luckybuc97, PIT CART
AJR Motorsports (Offline)
  #12 6/9/23 9:48 PM
They have ruined that track by taking the banking out and the lack of track prep throughout the week..EVERY sprint car feature this year has been a single line around the bottom in the feature..we will dfntly spend the extra on fuel to drive for better racing..
4 Likes: dshort36, Grocery Guy, MBoersma, Vookie
Bshort36 (Offline)
  #13 6/9/23 10:10 PM
I have won two races there this year and I agree 100 percent!! By cutting the racetrack did nothing for it..it’s to late to fix it now so maybe next winter someone will fix it!
3 Likes: Aurora78, Grocery Guy, Vookie
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #14 6/10/23 12:05 AM
You can’t expect good track conditions when you start hot laps at 6pm in Indiana lol. It’s really 5pm the way it used to be. It’s Friday night for crying out loud, why not start at 7 like most tracks use to?
jdull99 (Offline)
  #15 6/10/23 1:53 AM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
You can’t expect good track conditions when you start hot laps at 6pm in Indiana lol. It’s really 5pm the way it used to be. It’s Friday night for crying out loud, why not start at 7 like most tracks use to?
People act like they gota have their kids home by 9:30 these days, but then you go to Walmart or Dennys and they are running around like a daycare...lol.

It was before my time, but I see old Ads and stuff (including from my local, soon to close, pavement track) everything STARTED at 8pm...guess it was after the cows were milked. I see nothing wrong with that. But they only had 2-3 divisions in those days...

My local hockey and baseball teams kept moving their start times up, and I have had less interest in goin (not that I ever went that much, but for half my life it was 7:30 starts, now its 6...6:30...7...). I do kinda figure all in all less people go to outdoor sporting events, but its as much to do about AC, home entertainment options, smart phones, etc...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #16 6/10/23 6:11 PM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
I believe Bloomington got in trouble with their neighbors (housing division) when they ran late earlier in the year. I think I’ve heard the county commissioners threatened them with closure if they ran beyond 10:30 PM Eastern time. They have adjusted their racing schedule to accommodate, both time wise and number of divisions running per night.