IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Bill84 (Offline)
  #11 4/7/18 7:11 AM
I think you will find also that standing the valve up allows for a smaller combustion chamber, therefore higher compression with less piston dome.

Bill
wallbanger II (Offline)
  #12 4/7/18 9:32 AM
how do I know what dash 12 heads specs.one has .# on the end ? please
Eric Smith (Offline)
  #13 4/7/18 2:44 PM
I have a set of Brodix -12 heads that were ported by Weldtech. I wanted to know about the heads. I got ahold of both companies and gave them the numbers stamped into the heads and they told me everything I could ever ask about and more. They were great.
dstensland (Offline)
  #14 4/7/18 2:53 PM
If you go to Brodix website, you can enter serial number for the head and the will tell you casting date and the head type.
http://brodix.com/serial-number-identification
revjimk (Offline)
  #15 4/7/18 3:06 PM
Originally Posted by motorhead748:
Technically the stem. The lesser the angle, the straighter the path to the cylinder.
Thanks. I actually found a perfect diagram of that on the Net, tried to post it, but can't for some reason... "copyright" was mentioned
Since we're on "Dummies Guide to Sprint Car Engines", I have another question that I asked a few years ago & didn't really get the answers: Down nozzles: Do they carry pure fuel, or fuel air mix? If its pure fuel, doesn't that alter fuel/air mix? Do they compensate by running the injectors leaner?
Tony74 (Offline)
  #16 4/7/18 3:27 PM
Nozzles lines up or down are just fuel, the nozzles has an air gap to prevent sfioning, that is were fuel atomization occurs.
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #17 4/7/18 3:49 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
Thanks. I actually found a perfect diagram of that on the Net, tried to post it, but can't for some reason... "copyright" was mentioned
Since we're on "Dummies Guide to Sprint Car Engines", I have another question that I asked a few years ago & didn't really get the answers: Down nozzles: Do they carry pure fuel, or fuel air mix? If its pure fuel, doesn't that alter fuel/air mix? Do they compensate by running the injectors leaner?
A engine can have up or down nozzles or both. Until the fuel reaches the nozzle it's 100% fuel. The nozzles are vented which allows the fuel to draw in air.
revjimk (Offline)
  #18 4/7/18 3:55 PM
Thanks, Motorhead!
revjimk (Offline)
  #19 4/7/18 3:59 PM
Originally Posted by Tony74:
Nozzles lines up or down are just fuel, the nozzles has an air gap to prevent sfioning, that is were fuel atomization occurs.
Thanks Tony.... I won't even make fun of your spelling

"syphoning"
revjimk (Offline)
  #20 4/7/18 4:00 PM
Some guys can spell, others can build engines. Wish I could do both!
2 Likes: motorhead748, sprinter31