IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
kcarm92 (Offline)
  #21 1/31/23 4:36 PM
We actually ran the sprintcar deal at the dome,had to be a dirt car on dirt tires, yeah not much passing but was still fun to be a part of.
6 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, flagboy55, snowdrift, TQ29m
RHR (Offline)
  #22 1/31/23 4:42 PM
Midgets at Conseco Field House, downtown Indy. 2016? PRI week. 😬😬

Edit: I know, not sprints but had to mention...
5 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy, nathans1012, NoDramazone2020
TQ29m (Online)
  #23 1/31/23 5:18 PM
Originally Posted by kcarm92:
We actually ran the sprintcar deal at the dome,had to be a dirt car on dirt tires, yeah not much passing but was still fun to be a part of.
Same deal with the Ft Wayne midget racing, with the tqs we had to run dirt tires, which was a blessing atFW, someone dropped a lot of oil, and our dirt tires were the only thing with the powder they put down, that worked to clean it up.
Both places were a blast, glad we went, good for winter fun. Still the Hoosier Dome to me!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #24 1/31/23 5:30 PM
WoO at Flemington. Wolfgang won in something like 8 minutes. The All Stars at East Windsor (NJ) Fast Freddie Rahmer was the victor.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, JJMooney
NoDramazone2020 (Offline)
  #25 1/31/23 5:46 PM
Queen City Speedway in Cincy and old Dayton Speedway. Many of the old timers here may have seen a race or two here....I was at both, but I was a young lad at the time....Just remember how fast Dayton was even back then....

Old Illiana Speedway was a flat half mile I believe....night races were an adventure because it was so dark you could not see from one end of the track to the other.
4 Likes: beaner, BrentTFunk, erich45, mc/rider
mlamb (Offline)
  #26 1/31/23 5:55 PM
I can say I’ve only ever had to drive thru Hazard Ky to get to a sprint car race once. That was many years ago, at an All Star race at Mountain motor speedway Isom, Ky.
cornerthree (Offline)
  #27 1/31/23 7:15 PM
Madison international Speedway in Wisconsin. Big high banked half mile covered with dirt for a few years in the 80's. WOO great race Jac Doug and Sammy.
4 Likes: beaner, BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy, Points
sprintracer82 (Offline)
  #28 1/31/23 7:23 PM
You are correct. There wasn't any straightaway and you just exited the track where ever you wanted. I ran there once. You just kinda kept the throttle at a certain point and just kept the car Sideways. It was the only top soil track I've ever raced. It
Was really fun.
Nick Landon
3 Likes: beaner, BrentTFunk, fish
TQ29m (Online)
  #29 1/31/23 7:29 PM
Hales Corner, mid 70s, gone now I hear.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
3 Likes: beaner, BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy
bighd0522 (Offline)
  #30 1/31/23 8:31 PM
Autoklene raceway Hobart Tasmania
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, erich45, WinglessLovers