IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The true economics of PPV races
4/23/20, 6:27 PM   #1
The true economics of PPV races
Jonr

I have never been that excited about PPV races in the past. If I have a choice between going to a local show or a PPV show, I will always be at the local show. Because of that I have never looked at PPV races with much interest.

There is a lot of interest on what happens this weekend with the race in SD, and could this be a model for future races. I was hoping that someone could explain the economics of how this is suppose to happen? I thought most subscriptions had an annual cost that gave you all of the races for that group. If I wanted to watch a USAC midget race, I could buy the Floracing subscription and get all of the races that I want. How could this money ever get back to benefit the track? I don't see how this works economically.

For this weekends race, I assume that since it is an "outlaw" show that it will not be part of any subscription. Thus, you will have to pay a one time fee for the race. Does anyone know the split between the track and the PPV company? It would seem that the break even point for the PPV company is fairly high.

Can anyone help explain this?

3 members like this post: Crankin, duel, motorhead748
4/23/20, 7:25 PM   #2
toledo47

On speed shift tv is $30 for the one race or $40 for per month (includes all live races during that month plus their archive).
$300 for the annual pass.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The true economics of PPV races