IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500
5/29/22, 3:29 PM   #1
Little 500
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Great race. Great night. Reminded me to get off the couch and go to the track. will never miss another one. Tyler Roahrig was not to be denied. Fantastic race.

Rich M

5/29/22, 3:51 PM   #2
Re: Little 500
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

10 of top 11 drivers were from Indiana. 17 drivers from out of state were on official entrant list.
3 Armstrong's in the top 9.

5/29/22, 8:04 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Yes, Roahrig was one of the fastest cars for sure, But he was lucky as can be twice. Once that the santos flip caused the red as he was stopped and would have lost laps and his second pit stop was under a caution where laps weren't counted (Why I have no idea)

Anyway, Congrats. race monitor showed both Roahrig and Swanson turned their fastest laps of the race after lap 400. most were in the first one hundred. Of course Swanson got caught up in someone elses mess and could never make up the laps.

3 members like this post: Blackduce, Bostonian, interpreter66
5/29/22, 8:27 PM   #4
Kendall2020

The Kody deal was right in front of our pit. It appeared the 18’s spotter called the yellow seconds before it flew and the 18 slowed down. The yellow wasn’t out when Kody clipped him. As far as the Roahrig deal we were all confused. He and Santos were the only cars that stopped. Then he basically got a free pit stop and wasn’t even sent to the tail . I’ve been going there since 1990 and don’t know the rule or ever seen that situation. Tyler defiantly is on another level there right now but he got a break on that. However to even finish the race takes some luck, always has.

5/29/22, 9:02 PM   #5
Blackduce

The Little 500 was a awesome race. Place packed with racing people. I never sean 1 drunk person. no yelling wanting start a fight. Just alot of people at the track. A race with really good Sprint cars. Perfect weather. And nobody left there till the checker waved. This as good as it gets.

Lynn

5/29/22, 10:01 PM   #6
Kinser11

A very good race! Was surprised it took so long for the leaders to start lapping cars. At the 100 lap mark over 20 cars on the lead lap.

Why do they not get some former drivers, or even current ones to drive the push trucks. People that do not get excited, and have a clue how to push a sprint car off. The push truck driver cost Swanson, a couple laps by pulling on the track and stopping, the field could not go high, so they could not push him down the track.

I think it was Tyler in turn 2, the driver tried pushing from the grass. Then his helper gets out and falls down, almost getting hit by the push truck.

Another push truck ran over a left rear tire pushing someone off.

Listening to the announcer on TrackTune app. Was cool, it was a neat deal, for people, with out a scanner and only a cheap pair of ear buds. ( It was some what of a live Mic at times, hollering at the push truck driver that was blocking the Track with Swanson.)

A very good race!

Hollingsworth and Bacon, luck was nothing but bad.

Anyone know what happen to 26 car leading? I was hoping to see the Sam Pierce car win it.

2 members like this post: jdull99, tirespinner
5/30/22, 12:50 AM   #7
fxstsb

Tanner Swanson's car had an oil leak, I think.

2 members like this post: JarrettFarms73, tirespinner
5/30/22, 9:28 AM   #8
flagboy55

I was really pulling for Scott Hampton hoping he could get on the podium. Thought he had a shot

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Kydehart, PAW
5/30/22, 9:34 AM   #9
BrentTFunk

Scott drove a really good race. I thought this was the stoutest field I have seen there. Already waiting for next year.

2 members like this post: Kydehart, tirespinner
5/30/22, 10:34 AM   #10
Pancho Stapp

Man the outside from third to first was the $hit, impressive. Roahrig is a beast there. Looking forward to next year to see if he can pull off the trifecta. Maybe being the 75th running we will see some interesting entries. I had a blast and everyone around us were cool.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500