IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Scott Ronk mad at live stream
5/23/22, 3:20 AM   #1
Scott Ronk mad at live stream
Blitzman

Scott Ronk, INDY parts Bernie, and crew busting their butts on fixing THAT up and giving you folks in Indiana/Illinois a good place to watch the races. You folks in turn are to cheap & lazy to go watch your beloved USAC sprints in person and now Ronk is blaming FloRacing streaming and NOS energy drink (cause track sells Bang) for giving away free cans, for financially loosing their butts tonight as promoters. You people pound your chests on how great non-wing & USAC racing is. But you folks can’t even go support the race tonight. If there were 500 people there beside crews, I would be shocked. Don’t be blaming it on a Sunday night or $4.50 a gallon gas. I drove an hour last Sunday to Waynesfield for the ASCOC show, the crowd was soso, probably 2000. I went to Attica for the WoO show (again another 1 hour drive) and paid a $32 gate price and seen a packed house, 5,000 plus people. I have both Flo & Dirtvision, but I go support the track & promoters in person. You people that clam to be diehard USAC & non-wings fans are your worst own enemy. Couldn’t even go support the silver crown or sprint races at THAT. Pitiful. If USAC went to “protecting the brand” and not allowing full time drivers to race for peanuts, you people on here would have a coronary. USAC is dying again & the fan base is helping it along.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, Gene Franckowiak, yeleyfan76
5/23/22, 5:33 AM   #2
Re: Scott Ronk mad at live stream
Andrew S. Quinn

I went to a Automotive swap meet Saturday in Franklin,and there were hardly any sellers or buyers there,compared to years past. $5.00 to get in and no live streaming either.

I'd say low attendance is not just limited to Auto Racing.......

5/23/22, 7:14 AM   #3
chrismattlin

I would never be "mad" about anything I knew about in advance and agreed to upfront.

I'd tell him who he should be mad at, but

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, luckybuc97, PJ Wright, racenut69, sw1911
5/23/22, 7:23 AM   #4
Blitzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I went to a Automotive swap meet Saturday in Franklin,and there were hardly any sellers or buyers there,compared to years past. $5.00 to get in and no live streaming either.

I'd say low attendance is not just limited to Auto Racing.......
Did you read my whole post? Attica was a packed house for the World of Outlaw show. Even ASCOC last 2 nights in Wisconsin had good solid 80% capacity crowds, would’ve been even better with warmer temps. So that throws your theory out the window.

5/23/22, 7:27 AM   #5
Jonr

Split decision...... I have very rarely ever seen a Sunday "rain date" be a financial winner. For as much as people love the idea, it is almost always a losing decision for a promoter. If I were a promoter, it would never even entertain the idea. As far as Flo and Dirtvision hurting the gate, I have always thought that this was the case. If a person was undecided if he wanted to go to the races, being able to watch it from home for no additional cost will always impact the decision.

I was surprised by the car count. I saw on social media where they were throwing a lot of "appearance" money around and it did not appear to have a significant improvement in the car count.

5/23/22, 7:42 AM   #6
chastaj

Did everyone see how empty stands were at LPS also? This even when THAT targeted LPS with xtra $ to racers that would run there Sunday. So here is what we learn. Competing tracks in close proximity of each other = no good for anyone. Sunday makeup races = low turnout. Inflation is hitting families hard and $35 pit passes and $5 fuel + food = $125+ disposal income that a lot of people just do not have at this time. Anyone to say the economy isn’t impacting this is truly disconnected from reality and the average working person
Last edited by chastaj; 5/23/22 at 7:56 AM.

5/23/22, 8:09 AM   #7
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Can’t speak for anybody else, but I’ve been to all 3 races at THAT this year. It’s about a 4 hour round trip for me. And wait for it…..I’ve got Flo. So that’s 12 hours of driving which eats a little over a half tank of gas round trip. It’s takes little over $60 to fill up Now. $90 on gas, plus $90 for 3 tickets, plus $15 to park, plus what I bought at concession stand for those 3 races. Saw many hard core regulars there last night. What I saw very few of compared to Friday was family’s with kids. I’m tired of the Flo and Streaming services killing the sport arguments. Every other sporting event is on TV and I still see great crowds. Guess the Indy 500 stands will be empty because we can watch it on TV.
Last edited by Chief Wahoo; 5/23/22 at 8:20 AM.

5/23/22, 8:11 AM   #8
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

And NOS trailer wasn’t there last night. Guess they needed to move on to the next place, but you can’t tell me they didn’t know NOS sets up at every USAC race and gives away their product.
Last edited by Chief Wahoo; 5/23/22 at 8:21 AM.

5/23/22, 8:13 AM   #9
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastaj View Post
anyone to say the economy isn’t impacting this is truly disconnected from reality and the average working person
💯
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

5/23/22, 8:17 AM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Just decided Im not going to get into this at all. The other track had nobody either. From my understanding the event wasn't even on the Vigo Fair sign until Friday. Only going to say people disposable income more and more is being wiped out. The smart ones are buying food or saving for when it really gets bad. The ones who still aren't hurting are picking and choosing I don't think FLO is the problem unless weather is a threat.

I said I wouldn't get into it. I said my piece and it's just sad after looking at twitter and seeing someone throwing blame around, actually bashing fans calling them elites etc. I mean you already took my cooler and smoking. I really want to go now.... I complement them for all the improvements, having as good a track surface as I've seen, But how does throwing blame everywhere help? I said before the season started if tracks didn't work together, Make fewer but more enticing events. There was going to be problems with both car counts and fans.

Also many two day shows have available two day ticket sales clearly stated that start times and dates can be changed at anytime for any reason. So if they couldn't make Sunday. You at least go the $$$ for it or gave them more incentive to come back because they're already invested.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/23/22 at 9:38 AM.

2 members like this post: DICNJAN, nitrofunny
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Scott Ronk mad at live stream