IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Husets
6/25/22, 11:12 PM   #11
dsc1600

Somewhat off topic but Husets announced tonight that next years big WoO show will be 4 days and pay $250k To win the final night.

5 members like this post: ginblueearth, luckybuc97, PIT CART, racenut69, treecitytornado
6/26/22, 4:00 AM   #12
treecitytornado

Tod Quiring, is the New Earl Baltes & he is fantastic for Sprint Car Racing!!

2 members like this post: dkdorkboy, PIT CART
6/26/22, 10:15 AM   #13
Re: Husets
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Congrats to Sheldon Haudenschild. Chip off the old block. Never count em out when $$$ on the line

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
6/26/22, 10:19 AM   #14
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Congrats to Sheldon Haudenschild. Chip off the old block. Never count em out when $$$ on the line
I think he may be better than Dad. That is saying something, because Dad was really good. Great race, and it shows that a track can be wet and still provided good racing.

6 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, fishnman, luckybuc97, oppweld, PIT CART
6/26/22, 10:31 AM   #15
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I think he may be better than Dad. That is saying something, because Dad was really good. Great race, and it shows that a track can be wet and still provided good racing.

Maybe, although in later years, i don't think Hoosier made a tire that could survive Jac. Goodyear did.

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, nathans1012, PIT CART
7/2/22, 2:38 PM   #16
flagboy55

Again thanks for the good suggestions. Asking for more advice. My first night stop about half way will be LaCrosse Wisconsin. Anyone have any recommendations , maybe a good brewery or good dinner spot?

1 member likes this post: Waldman42
7/2/22, 7:32 PM   #17
Charles Nungester

Im suprised it hasn't been brought up yet, But they cut the winners share of both sprints and midgets to 12k and will pay the other 8k back thru the pack Hopefully some more cars take em up on it.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, ginblueearth, oppweld
7/2/22, 9:24 PM   #18
ginblueearth

I think Matt Woods is little worried about the car count . That was big concern I had to with the price of diesel and gas . And hotels being outrageous in the Sioux Falls area he's trying to do whatever he can to get the cars to come . Last year they only had in the middle twenties for cars in both classes and I'm thinking it might not be good this year . As I posted before with the price of gas the price of hotels there's no way I can afford it . I live in Blue Earth Mn 125 miles east of Husets 250 round trip with the ticket and gas and eating at home before I left it would cost me around $85 each night that's money I don't have . So we'll have to miss it this year

7/3/22, 9:20 PM   #19
flagboy55

Gin, you are spot on on your analysis. I’m going this year at the expense of some other races that I would normally attend. I wanted to go to the inaugural event but circumstances kept me home. I hope this event is better attended this year but the current economic conditions are not particularly conducive to the common man moving freely around the country. At the very least, I’ll be knocking a track off my bucket list with the two best racing series available

3 members like this post: cornerthree, ginblueearth, oppweld
7/3/22, 11:23 PM   #20
cornerthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Again thanks for the good suggestions. Asking for more advice. My first night stop about half way will be LaCrosse Wisconsin. Anyone have any recommendations , maybe a good brewery or good dinner spot?
Check out Buzzard Billy's great Cajun food in a dive bar atmosphere. Right down town a lot of other cool bars.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Husets