IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City
6/25/22, 4:24 PM   #21
Tk04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
Maybe you wasnt at the same track I was last night...maybe you had ear protection on and didnt hear anything the drivers and fans were saying.

They never worked the track an ounce until right before the Features and their trying their best? The announcer which was NOT The Rob Goodman, said it every single time he was on the PA about how bad the track was including driver interviews, but never worked the track until right before the Features, but they tried their best?

The officials in the infield would drive their ATVs to ALL the junk parts of the track and shake their heads and say something on the radios, but wouldnt work the track, but they tried their best? It was junk from the get go but went ahead and ran heats anyway after hot laps/qualifying instead of working on the track and didnt put drivers safety first, but they tried their best?

The officials on ATVs would go park on the track and tell the drivers to drive around all the holes and ruts, yet wouldnt stop the racing and work the track, but they tried their best? The push trucks was within inches of hitting the guardrails in turn 1 bc they didnt want to run into all the holes and ruts, and bust the hell out of their shocks and tear up their vehicles, which you cant blame them, but their trying their best?

The water truck driving around on floaters had water splashing up through the holes and ruts and anyone who wasnt legally blind or trashed drunk seen it but they tried their best? Didnt bother going and grabbing the track prep equipment and doing anything about it though, but they tried their best?

A wrecker had a D2 on the hook and damn near got stuck going from the infield to the pits and left ridiculous ruts that remained there until Feature time and bc of the wrecker coming from the South driving North leaving ruts in the same direction with drivers driving East to West and had no choice to drive over them, but they tried their best?

Maybe you didnt see all the speed bumps and all the cars hopping around everywhere, but they tried their best? Not a stitch of work until right before the Features and even then used the wrong piece of equipment, but they tried their best?

Maybe they did try their best at saving the diesel fuel that the track prep equipment uses!! Mind you, this is just about the track conditions, not everything else that was said and going on and being talked about all night nor am I going to talk about all those things bc I'm not here to badmouth GC, I'm praying they fix all the mistakes and problems.

Just stating in this post they did not try their best and anyone who knows anything about racing that was there last night, knows they didnt try their best. It looked like a motorx track.

Sadly, comments like this that "they tried their best" when they clearly didnt, is exactly what I'm afraid is gonna happen for regulars like myself that come every week, pay every week, look forward to it every week after a long hard work week.

Just blow it off, theres always Montpelier right, no biggy, Sprint car people can go to Eldora right, no biggy, and then all the sudden there is no cars for a race nor any fans nor a GCI69 Speedway.

Appears the stock cars might be headed in that direction already with 4 Street Stocks and 5 Hornets. No Mr. Eldora Mark, with all due respect to you sir, THEY DID NOT TRY THEIR BEST.
Ppl were not happy when it was dry slick, now it was to rough. I get it they missed. They went a little to far to the left, but they are trying. DO you expect them to rip it up after every heat race? Your opinion is yours and mine is mine, but they tried to rip it open after the heat races to not so much luck. It was def a miss, but they are trying. The track can't go both ways. It's been dusty as I can get out and they tried to resort back to how it has been and it was bad. At least an attempt was made, it just didn't work. The best track they have had was for midget week and mother nature ruined that. There has to be a happy medium and they will find it at some point. Sorry things didn't work out the way you wanted it to sir.

6/25/22, 5:00 PM   #22
Re: Gas City
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Wasn't there and thanks for breaking it up. I do get what your saying and any little mention of something wrong is taken way over the edge as badmouthing anymore when it's meant to say, Hope they do better from now on.

Burg gets it both ways, If it's hard, it's smooth but eats tires.. If it's wet it eats motors, If it's somewhere in between it has holes and rough

In fact I seen it on about every track this year. Paragon from ate tons of tires to why are they making us pack the track that ain't even close to being dry, to being so dusty nobody could see. Bloomingtons been fairly good and Kokomo is kokomo.

Im in a rut of three weeks without a sprint car race. But seen Lucas LM's are running Florence which is doable for me on thurs. Guess Im jumping ship for a bit.

Just going to go and enjoy what I can, when I can. Hoping we have enough cars left with all the shortages to have a sprint week. It's not just tires. Motor parts are hard to get and some other things.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/25/22 at 5:04 PM.

2 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, Tk04
6/25/22, 6:02 PM   #23
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk04 View Post
Ppl were not happy when it was dry slick, now it was to rough. I get it they missed. They went a little to far to the left, but they are trying. DO you expect them to rip it up after every heat race? Your opinion is yours and mine is mine, but they tried to rip it open after the heat races to not so much luck. It was def a miss, but they are trying. The track can't go both ways. It's been dusty as I can get out and they tried to resort back to how it has been and it was bad. At least an attempt was made, it just didn't work. The best track they have had was for midget week and mother nature ruined that. There has to be a happy medium and they will find it at some point. Sorry things didn't work out the way you wanted it to sir.
Your right on opinions, only thing I agree with on what you said. Problem is when it comes to what I'm saying about the track conditions, its FACTS, not OPINIONS.

They knew before a car got on the track they majorly majorly oversaturated the track. It's a mistake sure, noone is perfect, but you admit it and you spend the rest of the night trying to fix it, if nothing else for safety reasons!! Not blow it off!!

And again the track conditions was only one of multiple problems and things that have been going downhill in a hurry the last 2-3 races minus Midget Week.

This sure the hell isnt about what I wanted, you apparently didnt hear all the drivers and teams did you??? Didnt think so.

This is also talking about a veteran promoter. An experienced promoter. Someone who knows dirt tracks but it got oversaturated??? It's not like he is a rookie. It's not like he doesnt know what hes doing. How can you oversaturate it that damn bad??? It was a damn swamp!! As I said looked like track prep for MotorX. You cant remove water, you can always add when needed.

They seen it with the cars after hot laps and qualifying...holes everywhere, 6-8+ inch deep ruts everywhere...NEVER TOUCHED IT WITH WORKING EQUIPMENT UNTIL RIGHT BEFORE THE FEATURES, 1 time the entire night to be exact.

Again the workers on the infield seen it, would detour the cars, said something on the radios, NOTHING WAS DONE...I sat right there and watched every bit of it!!!! Running a truck with floaters to smash down ruts that had water splashing out of them is not working the track.

They NEVER worked the track until right before the Features and they used the wrong equipment on top of that!! What I'm stating is FACTS, not opinions. It being too dry and dusty is a hell of alot safer then holes and ruts like that with cars running wide open. On top of trashing their cars and flipping left and right.

As far as your happy medium theory, yeah percect world talk there. But jeopardizing safety, pretty sure someone at GC knows the difference. Mr. Gappens didnt have a problem finding it on a weekly basis did he??? They may want to find it quick before they lose all their stock cars and enough sprints that there wont be a race. Cant run a weekly show with just a dozen or so Sprints and that's it!!

THEY DID NOT TRY AND ANYONE WITH A WORKING PAIR OF EYES WHO WAS ACTUALLY AT THE TRACK WOULD KNOW THAT!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 6/25/22 at 6:26 PM.

6/25/22, 6:09 PM   #24
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Wasn't there and thanks for breaking it up. I do get what your saying and any little mention of something wrong is taken way over the edge as badmouthing anymore when it's meant to say, Hope they do better from now on.

Burg gets it both ways, If it's hard, it's smooth but eats tires.. If it's wet it eats motors, If it's somewhere in between it has holes and rough

In fact I seen it on about every track this year. Paragon from ate tons of tires to why are they making us pack the track that ain't even close to being dry, to being so dusty nobody could see. Bloomingtons been fairly good and Kokomo is kokomo.

Im in a rut of three weeks without a sprint car race. But seen Lucas LM's are running Florence which is doable for me on thurs. Guess Im jumping ship for a bit.

Just going to go and enjoy what I can, when I can. Hoping we have enough cars left with all the shortages to have a sprint week. It's not just tires. Motor parts are hard to get and some other things.
No problem at all Charles, glad I could help you read it easier. Problem is I dont see anywhere where I bad mouthed anyone, nor the track, cussed anyone out, called anyone names, said I wouldnt be back although lots of drivers, teams, and fans are saying that, but I didnt.

Yet when you speak up and be honest and tell the truth and state facts people get butthurt.

6/25/22, 6:25 PM   #25
Kendall2020

I’d like to test that when wet it eats motors theory, never seen it 🤣. We love the Burg though! I’ll take my chances on motor. I just want to maximize tires!!
Last edited by Kendall2020; 6/25/22 at 6:28 PM.

6/25/22, 7:49 PM   #26
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall2020 View Post
I’d like to test that when wet it eats motors theory, never seen it 🤣. We love the Burg though! I’ll take my chances on motor. I just want to maximize tires!!

6/25/22, 10:23 PM   #27
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

I was at Gas City the last two weeks. Maybe it will be better next week. On the plus side hot dogs are $2.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City