IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Vookie (Offline)
  #1 6/24/22 10:09 PM
reeserx (Offline)
  #2 6/24/22 10:19 PM
This gives Taylor Reimer her first career win in a midget also. Unfortunate way to get it but still cool nonetheless.
2 Likes: chrismattlin, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #3 6/24/22 11:36 PM
Can you imagine the conspiracy theories if this was a USAC race giving the win to KKM? Happy for Taylor, but they missed out on the celebration.
6 Likes: erich45, fish, oppweld, PIT CART, ROSS, tirespinner
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #4 6/24/22 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Can you imagine the conspiracy theories if this was a USAC race giving the win to KKM? Happy for Taylor, but they missed out on the celebration.
Conspiracy theory?

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #5 6/25/22 8:17 AM
MacIntosh runs PowrI and USAC also.
Does he use the same tires in those series as he does in Extreme Outlaw series?
Do these other sanctions not check?
Does Extreme Outlaw use a different lab?
Does McIntosh only dope his tires in Extreme Outlaw events?

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
3 Likes: tirespinner, TQ29m, TQ97
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #6 6/25/22 8:50 AM
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote:
MacIntosh runs PowrI and USAC also.
Does he use the same tires in those series as he does in Extreme Outlaw series?
Do these other sanctions not check?
Does Extreme Outlaw use a different lab?
Does McIntosh only dope his tires in Extreme Outlaw events?
Or is it a problem with the tires themselves?
8 Likes: chrismattlin, erich45, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner
2rock21 (Offline)
  #7 6/25/22 9:01 AM
Does McIntosh only dope his tires in Extreme Outlaw events? [QUOTE]..........Apparently
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #8 6/25/22 11:14 AM
Looked on social media and there is no response I can find from Cannon or his team, but in victory lane last night at Lincoln he said, "We ain't cheaters.".

Boy, I was hoping this soap opera had come to an end. So what's the deal? Is USAC letting their guys slide, or is WoO not going the extra mile (as it appears USAC did) to insure there was actual cheating going on? From a fan's perspective, it's hard to say: some people say the tires themselves are defective, and some say that doping has become very sophisticated and hard to detect.

I just pray that our love, open-wheel dirt racing, doesn't go the way of kart racing where "tire prep" is tantamount in car setup.
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, erich45, oppweld, tirespinner, TQ29m
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #9 6/25/22 1:14 PM
I know one thing, All this BS has me about to be a EX fan of sprints and midgets. Oh, we're boycotting that org because they proved their point, Oh, Those guys are suspended. etc. Oh we want more money races then won't show up in enough force for a consi when they're setup to pay triple to win and two and half times more to start. That 1/2 is hard on motors then see em at a 1/4 hitting the rev limiter before the flagstand. Yeah, I don't have a dog in the fight but you're heading for racing for back gate $ at this rate. They already killed midgets in IN/OH/PA for various reasons, mainly cost. But Sprints aren't far behind

Phooey.

Charles Nungester
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #10 6/25/22 1:28 PM
Sorry as I'm usually the biggest cheerleader, but Im burnt out on it and expect my favorites at bigger races. Not all about the racing, The economy and cost to do things is hitting me too as well as health of a family member. Would just like to show up to a good count and good show and remember it that way. Last week at BOSS/Burg was awesome. Just need to remember that and show up to see the next that tracks, racers and staff put on for us.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: addictedtodirt, PIT CART