IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thorson
6/20/22, 4:13 PM   #1
Thorson
ginblueearth

Can some one fill me in on what happened to Tanner Thorson . Is he running winged sprint cars if he is where . Did he find a better ride or is he back in non-wing cars & midgets . Or did he screw the pooch I haven't seen anything about him anywhere.

3 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, mc/rider, tirespinner
6/20/22, 5:05 PM   #2
Re: Thorson
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

He posted on twitter that he wanted to go full time wing racing. AME posted earlier in the year that they would do some wing racing but without additional backing were going to run a limited schedule. You tell me? The team has run but Moles was in the car.

I wish both well in their endeavors, Having teams and drivers at the track is better than not any day.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, DirtTrackTherapy16J, ginblueearth
6/20/22, 9:53 PM   #3
Pancho Stapp

I went back and read the article on SpeedSport from January and it stated the were gonna run 50 + WoO/AllStar events this year and go full time in 2023 if finances allowed. Seems to me he pulled the trigger on making a move and it has kind of bit him in the ass, seems as if no one is calling for his services. Probably should have stood pat and grew together with AME instead of kicking them to the curb. Just my opinion. Looks like he went from having a ride to having nothing. Dude has talent for sure.

4 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, oppweld, SOROKACH35FAN, tirespinner
6/21/22, 8:40 AM   #4
opnwhlmnd

Thorson was in a wing car a couple weeks ago for the Steve Smith Memorial race at Lincoln Speedway in PA. Car looked exactly like the black 19 that Steve Smith drove. His future father-in-law Stevie Smith hot lapped the car and looked like he could still win a WoO show.

With the way Stevie's Smith Titanium business is growing wouldn't be surprised to see a new team if they can find some more backing.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jonboat15, oppweld, tirespinner
6/21/22, 9:28 AM   #5
jonboat15

I hear Tanner may run some PA speedweek shows, might be the same car he was using for the Smith tribute race.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
6/21/22, 12:03 PM   #6
Kart#51

The real question is can Tanner get his future Mother in law's family to own race cars again? That would solve his funding problem if he has one.

1 member likes this post: opnwhlmnd
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thorson