IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500
5/30/22, 4:03 PM   #11
Re: Little 500
interpreter66

Roahrig,might be stinking this show up for a few years to come.
Last edited by interpreter66; 5/30/22 at 5:41 PM.

2 members like this post: Kinser11, tirespinner
5/30/22, 4:06 PM   #12
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxstsb View Post
Tanner Swanson's car had an oil leak, I think.
Leaking at the intake I believe

2 members like this post: Kinser11, tirespinner
5/31/22, 7:38 AM   #13

Good race. Very sad that in my 30 years of going, the track can not figure out the pit stops. I understand the strategy, but when push trucks drive right by teams that were done first, sucks. Very proud of the dirt guys holding there own. If CJ Leary stays with the 5 team, they will find victory lane. I know Emerson spun on the back stretch, but was very impressed with his run. Sad to see this track fading worse and worse. This place needs new leadership bad.

5/31/22, 8:11 AM   #14
Kendall2020

I’ve worked to pits there since 1990. The pit deal is what it is. We all knew that first stop around 190 was going to be hectic because hardly anyone had pitted. If I remember right there are 6 push trucks. When 12-16 cars come in at once a bunch aren’t going to be happy. The one change I’d like to see is lead lap cars get to pit first. The yellow at 149 was smooth for the ones that took it. Cars numerous laps down shouldn’t get to pit as soon as the pits open, imo. The pit deal is part of the allure though. Still the best short track race in the country. Only 363 days to wait

3 members like this post: 767, Kinser11, tirespinner
5/31/22, 9:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall2020 View Post
I’ve worked to pits there since 1990. The pit deal is what it is. We all knew that first stop around 190 was going to be hectic because hardly anyone had pitted. If I remember right there are 6 push trucks. When 12-16 cars come in at once a bunch aren’t going to be happy. The one change I’d like to see is lead lap cars get to pit first. The yellow at 149 was smooth for the ones that took it. Cars numerous laps down shouldn’t get to pit as soon as the pits open, imo. The pit deal is part of the allure though. Still the best short track race in the country. Only 363 days to wait
That would be a good start. Pit road was just more inconsistent this year. The west end had a push truck setting in the x most of the time. The East end never had a truck setting there. You are right, plenty of push trucks, they just don't get dispatched until the car is done. So many things that can be done.

The 1 other thing that needs to happen. INVEST in 1 or 2 Side by Sides. No reason a car should lose 6 to 10 laps due to a spin. Yes I was there the year the worker was killed. stop pushing these cars with 1 person by hand. The car does not have to be started by the sxs. Push the dang thing to a place a truck can get to it. Also helps keep people off the track. Take notes from Lawrenceburg!

3 members like this post: interpreter66, Kinser11, LB
5/31/22, 11:15 AM   #16
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall2020 View Post
The push truck fiasco with Brian Tyler was unbelievable and so dangerous.

4 members like this post: 767, Kinser11, LB, PIT CART
5/31/22, 11:19 AM   #17
dsc1600

The push trucks going on to the track while the cars are racing is one of the most dangerous things I’ve seen in a long time.

1 member likes this post: Bostonian
5/31/22, 11:21 AM   #18
LB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
That would be a good start. Pit road was just more inconsistent this year. The west end had a push truck setting in the x most of the time. The East end never had a truck setting there. You are right, plenty of push trucks, they just don't get dispatched until the car is done. So many things that can be done.

The 1 other thing that needs to happen. INVEST in 1 or 2 Side by Sides. No reason a car should lose 6 to 10 laps due to a spin. Yes I was there the year the worker was killed. stop pushing these cars with 1 person by hand. The car does not have to be started by the sxs. Push the dang thing to a place a truck can get to it. Also helps keep people off the track. Take notes from Lawrenceburg!
There's a saying about the push trucks,,,right interpreter66,,,lol ,,,is there a fix don't know,, can it be more consistent it would be nice ,but then again it is the little 500 ,my first time was in 1990 with capt Jack and I've only missed two since ,seen changes from the end of the roadsters etc,,

5/31/22, 11:48 AM   #19
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
The push trucks going on to the track while the cars are racing is one of the most dangerous things I’ve seen in a long time.
That, is part of what makes it a great race!

4 members like this post: Blackduce, Charles Nungester, monkeyboy, Rich Mersereau
5/31/22, 3:00 PM   #20
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Change the rule to the two manditory stops must be made under green, I say. that would spread it out and equalize it to the teams capability. also make a shortage of push trucks moot. a truck could follow each car as it came in. Jacks, lines and fuel clear. PUSH!

I don't know what the fuel capability is. Seen Kody in the Nolen car go over 200 before melting the right rear. was so lucky when he spun to be low on the track facing the right way and after pitting made up the lap he lost and won the race.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/31/22 at 3:03 PM.

3 members like this post: 767, Blackduce, rick42
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500