IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thanks T-Mez
2/21/22, 7:03 PM   #31
Re: Thanks T-Mez
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
That is an interesting take. I went to the first night of the midgets at Ocala this year. It seemed to me that there really isn't a good line through 3 and 4 only lines that suck less than the others. It seemed to much of a "gimmick" for me. I think that all of the heat race winners mentioned learning how to get through 3 and 4 in their on track interview.

I also enjoy going to different types of tracks for different experiences, but the shape of Ocala is too much for me.
The track has always been this shape even when it was pavement,not a gimmick it is what it is, good drivers will always rise to the top!

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, captrat, erich45, jonboat15, Oleman61x, tirespinner
2/23/22, 12:42 PM   #32
Re: Thanks T-Mez
Speedmax3

At this time everyone should know by now what your generally going to get at Bubba. It's usually going to go dry slick and your going to burn up tires and have a big tire bill. Then your out the money to tow there plus the cost of someplace to stay. You know this ahead of time but they still had a lot of cars because it's someplace to race in the dead of winter and generally a lot warmer than the rest of the country. What I'm saying is you have a choice, stay home and save your money to race locally or go race and a lot seem to want to go race. I think what Thomas and some others were upset about was the unusual amount of time they had to spend on the track wheel packing the night of the rain shower. I don't know what equipment the track has to rework the surface but all I saw on the broadcast was a water truck. It seemed to me they were out there a long time and as an owner I wouldn't have been thrilled doing that much wheel packing with a $50,000 motor.
Last edited by Speedmax3; 2/23/22 at 5:52 PM.

2 members like this post: bighd0522, streetglider
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thanks T-Mez