IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where did rob klepper go?
2/8/21, 2:20 PM   #1
Where did rob klepper go?
1021gpa

Is he not going to do floracing anymore?

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97
2/8/21, 6:54 PM   #2
Re: Where did rob klepper go?
Bobv

Really missing Rob, he did a great job!

6 members like this post: 1021gpa, fourteen fan, ISF, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE
2/9/21, 12:05 PM   #3
Eric Smith

Is it customary to make the person that is doing the announcing sit in a van, not even being able to see the race, and call the race off a TV screen? Never seen that before. People have been hard on the guy, but I'll say he's done amazing, given he can't even see the race he's calling. It seems like that would be incredibly difficult. I'll add incredibly stupid, but I'm not sure who to call stupid. Maybe that's why Klepper isn't there anymore.

3 members like this post: 95KART, itsanonwingthing, PIT CART
2/9/21, 12:35 PM   #4
richie

He's in the real estate game now. Great guy and was a lot of fun working with these last couple years.

https://www.facebook.com/RobKlepperRealtor

2/9/21, 1:47 PM   #5
DJlives

The idea to do this production in this way was Rob's. There were reasons behind this that made sense. Given a wide range of reasons

2/9/21, 2:54 PM   #6
staggerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Smith View Post
Is it customary to make the person that is doing the announcing sit in a van, not even being able to see the race, and call the race off a TV screen? Never seen that before. People have been hard on the guy, but I'll say he's done amazing, given he can't even see the race he's calling. It seems like that would be incredibly difficult. I'll add incredibly stupid, but I'm not sure who to call stupid. Maybe that's why Klepper isn't there anymore.
Of course then people complain that the announcer in the booth at the track is talking about a race for the transfer spot and the camera is focused on the leader. Guess can't have it both ways.

3 members like this post: erich45, jim goerge, PIT CART
2/9/21, 3:56 PM   #7
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Smith View Post
I would say one reason it is done this way, is that a lot of the "booths" at these tracks are not big enough to have a separate announcer room for a radio/tv production. These booths can be cramped with a lot of people doing different duties, and the track announcer is calling the race in the same room... So it can get pretty hectic.
Some have separate announcer booths, but no room for another announcer to sit and do their thing too. And 2 announcers in the same booth would be beyond confusing to do.

Give the new a guy a chance. I hear/see some positives in him, while he is trying to learn a new landscape. He seems to have a knack for his pre-recorded stuff, as it has been entertaining. Car colors/numbers/and drivers by sight, will come to him as time passes.

2/9/21, 6:56 PM   #8
Hoosiersprinter

So who is the new guy? Background? Like what I've heard so far

2/9/21, 9:16 PM   #9
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosiersprinter View Post
So who is the new guy? Background? Like what I've heard so far
https://racer.com/2020/03/19/the-loc...tony-la-porta/

5 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, mc/rider, tirespinner, wallbanger II
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where did rob klepper go?