IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > War series
6/22/20, 1:16 PM   #11
Re: War series
Jonr

I always thought that WAR lost its focus a couple years back. It started as a regional series around Kansas City, but it seemed to want to grow its footprint larger and larger. While the series wanted to do this, I am not sure that is what the drivers wanted. If you look at the new USAC Midwest Wingless series, it is much more focused on the tracks around Kansas City.

I don't know if this is by design by the group to return to a more KC regional series or if this is only the tracks that would book them?

6/22/20, 4:28 PM   #12
wideopen24

Casey split the expansion off with the Wildcard Series. Two separate championships and points funds so teams could run WAR or both. Most ran both and were happy to do so.

Under Shuman’s leadership w/ Brooke & Brian Walker the series saw new tracks, record car counts, bigger purses, bonuses, marquee events, National TV and a professionalism/fun factor that as a competitor, I’ve not experienced anywhere else.

6/22/20, 9:01 PM   #13
oldfan49

Every time Traditional sprints start to take off and get going in the Mo/Ks area someone always seems to step up and say "not under my watch"

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/22/20, 9:15 PM   #14
DSchuett

@openwhelmd - A janitor at Anheuser Busch? Think again, pal.....
Last edited by DSchuett; 6/22/20 at 9:17 PM.

1 member likes this post: stroud21
6/22/20, 11:00 PM   #15
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSchuett View Post
@openwhelmd - A janitor at Anheuser Busch? Think again, pal.....
Love it, his first post and he even edited it and still couldn't spell my forum name correct. Maybe I should have used the upscale name of janitor which would be custodian.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
6/23/20, 8:17 AM   #16
flagboy55

I don’t pretend to know Mr Brown, but calling him a custodian is the most complimentary word I’ve heard to describe him

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge, opnwhlmnd, oppweld
6/23/20, 8:42 AM   #17
DSchuett

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
Love it, his first post and he even edited it and still couldn't spell my forum name correct. Maybe I should have used the upscale name of janitor which would be custodian.
Hilarious! You can use whatever terminology you’d like and you’re still not anywhere close. Good luck to you though! Coming onto a website to spew misinformation. You must live a wonderful life!

6/23/20, 2:34 PM   #18
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
I"ve heard him being called a lot worse lol.

2 members like this post: opnwhlmnd, oppweld
6/23/20, 7:55 PM   #19
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

At least this time there seems to be an alternative and credible series for the locals to compete in USAC Midwest Non Wing !

1 member likes this post: opnwhlmnd
6/23/20, 9:26 PM   #20
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSchuett View Post
Hilarious! You can use whatever terminology you’d like and you’re still not anywhere close. Good luck to you though! Coming onto a website to spew misinformation. You must live a wonderful life!
Love it. I'm coming on a website spewing misinformation but someone with a total of two posts now and who joined just to defend POWRi says I'm wrong. It's possible I could be slightly wrong he may be a retired janitor/custodian at Anheuser-Busch by now. Some of my best friends have worked at Anheuser-Busch for many years and I know this to be a true fact.

If you check my join date pal I've been on this site since 2008.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > War series