IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
jwwalk (Offline)
  #1 6/10/20 12:44 PM
Good afternoon, I recently acquired 2 quarter midgets. One of them I am having trouble tracking down a manufacturer (previous owner told me Stanley, but further research shows this isn't correct). The car has an independent front suspension (fairly simple components) and is a small/mini size. The sticker on the car says Stanley but who knows :-). I'm not sure if anyone has seen this one running at a local track or not (I picked it up in Illinois).

If anyone has any input, I'd greatly appreciate it. Hoping to get my daughter racing early next year, practicing for now.

Thanks!
DAD (Offline)
  #2 6/10/20 4:33 PM
DAD (Offline)
  #3 6/10/20 4:37 PM
That thing would have some pretty severe camber changes.
HDbill (Offline)
  #4 6/11/20 6:55 PM
I believe that you have a "one of a kind". Some one modified an existing 1/4 midget and you have the result. There was a 1/4 midget made, I think in the '60's that had a leaf spring across the front end. Each end had a turn down that was drilled to accept a rod end that made the connection the spindle. It was neat looking and a lot of kids had a lot of fun with them. But you tell me what the spring rate was and we will both know! Same thing with the junk yard hood or trunk torsion bars that were in the Mopars and modified to use in the early Curtises.
Jtravels (Offline)
  #5 6/11/20 7:08 PM
Have you checked with the Stanley’s? The hood is definitely one of theirs and Ron did build a couple of cars with independent front suspensions. Check them out on Facebook at 3 R Enterprise if you haven’t reached out to them yet. Good luck!!!!!
Turd Ferguson (Offline)
  #6 6/11/20 11:55 PM
Not to mention bump steer.
Turd Ferguson (Offline)
  #7 6/11/20 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by :
That thing would have some pretty severe camber changes.
Not to mention bump steer.