IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson
4/15/20, 2:18 AM   #31
Re: Kyle Larson
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
Also, why can non 100 % whites use the negro word without quarter while anyone else can’t?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Easy... you're allowed to punch yourself in the face, but not anyone else

2 members like this post: erich45, Ken Bonnema
4/15/20, 2:25 AM   #32
revjimk

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kyle-la...004521985.html
Key sentence in there is "If he's saying it casually in a IRacing race, when else is he saying it?" I don't think Kyle is a bigot or a hate monger, just guilty of either (A) Unconscious mild prejudice that many of us ignore, or (B) Casual use of a word used indiscriminately by rappers & "gangsta wannabes", that makes it seem OK to some people. Self respecting black people don't say it, & often criticize rappers for using it. A few folks here asked "if its OK for black people to use it, why not white people?" Perfect example of why its so stupid for rappers to use it, makes it seem OK. I answered that question before with, "You're allowed to punch yourself in the face, but not somebody else". I could have added "But its stupid"

The whole thing is a shame, Kyle shouldn't have said it, but I bet the owners of the corporations who dropped him live in all white gated communities. Race issues in the USA are MUCH bigger than an offhand remark by a race car driver. Its easy to make an example of him

Lets face it, we all wanted him to race dirt anyway, and not only Kyle but the whole dirt track community will miss the big NASCAR $$$... who knows what will happen to his team? I hope he eventually drives again on dirt, & I suspect he will
Last edited by revjimk; 4/15/20 at 2:28 AM.

3 members like this post: EBookerFan, flagboy55, Will Shunk
4/15/20, 2:34 AM   #33
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote View Post
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Unknown
No, Political correctness is a half ass attempt to sweep serious issues under the rug by speaking politely. If you know anything about US history or everyday life today, racism is a horrible problem (in both directions) & crucifying one race car driver won't end it

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
4/15/20, 8:28 AM   #34
DAD

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsp...Y2yOnXbt_Qt-h0

1 member likes this post: EBookerFan
4/15/20, 9:21 AM   #35
racenut69

If and when he comes back to NASCAR,it will be in much better equipment!...JMO!

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, jdull99
4/15/20, 11:35 AM   #36
chop

Let his punishment be he has to spend two weeks trying to get Michigan unemployment.

4/15/20, 3:15 PM   #37
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
Let his punishment be he has to spend two weeks trying to get Michigan unemployment.
Or working with my wife and pirating garden supplies from South Bend.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
4/15/20, 7:31 PM   #38
flagboy55

Just a couple I hope final thoughts. I want to make it clear I don’t in anyway condone the use of the word. However if it was said to a black man in a derogatory way I certainly could understand the sponsorship exodus. In my world, I’ll forgive lack of vocabulary skills if I understand the intent. The intent of him making this mistake was to take a poke at his spotter who was white. I don’t know about you guys but me and my buddies call each names in jest frequently, in jest, the same way this was said. If the sponsors and Chip would have dealt fines and sensitivity training and so forth with a suspension, I really wouldn’t be too concerned, but the fallout from this doesn’t come close to the proper punishment for the crime. Almost as if they were looking for someone to make an example of. By the way I did go to Plan B Sales and place an order. You should too

2 members like this post: Big Mike 7, jdull99
4/15/20, 7:44 PM   #39
ISF

Some baseball player from New York says Kyle should be banned from NASCAR racing forever and he wants to beat up Larson for saying the bad word.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...f-racial-slur/
Last edited by ISF; 4/15/20 at 10:22 PM.

4/15/20, 8:15 PM   #40
chop

You have free speech. But when you are a spokesperson for a company that pays your income you live by their rules. This web site is not mine. I have to post views that do not make them mad, break the rules they want. McDonald's wants to sell Happy meals to everyone, not just white families that go to NASCAR races. Is this the end of his racing career. I would say no. If it was a drug, wife beating event. I would it would have been the end.

4 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, Pitdad, Rapid Rick, spicoli
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson