IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Faccinto
1/16/20, 1:39 PM   #21
Re: Faccinto
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
Did he make the statement during the post race interview or was it right after he got out of the car? His statement in particular is obviously never acceptable.
However, I really dont like that the on track reporters seem to just chase down drivers the moment they step out of the car. I dont understand why the reporters literally have on track access. They are not needed on the actual racing surface at all. Its also another person on the track to potentially get hurt. Sometimes after contact a driver is not going to have all of their wits about them and may say something they later wish they didnt.
Trey Marcham (i believe) obviously didn't want to talk to the reporter. He tried to avoid him twice, but the guy just kept at it.
"I really dont like that the on track reporters seem to just chase down drivers the moment they step out of the car." I agree with that part, especially after a bad wreck. I'm waiting for some driver to say, "I almost got killed... can I have a minute to calm down?"

5 members like this post: Indy1808, luckybuc97, Speedwrench, tirespinner, TNRustler
1/16/20, 1:42 PM   #22
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
The only word we need to do away with is po·lit·i·cal·ly cor·rect
/pəˌlidək(ə)lē kəˈrekt/ I was raised with the saying that "Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones BUT Words Will Never Hurt Me" That is still true today. Check out the
Urban Dictionary. That word used in the way that it was used does not pertain to a Persons Race but to a Persons Actions. We need to Stand Up for First Amendment it is a beautiful Thing and what makes us Americans. He was within his right to use it and his Sponsor was also within his right to pull his Funding.
"The only word we need to do away with is po·lit·i·cal·ly cor·rect"
I wish they'd stop using that word too. It makes serious issues sound like bad manners.
We should just say RACISM

4 members like this post: bigfish, DAD, dirtnonwingfan, Ken Bonnema
1/16/20, 1:47 PM   #23
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
There is a lot of times nowadays that I think folks are too thin skinned. Some of the stuff that offends people have me asking, if that’s all you have to worry about, then you must have too much time on your hands. However this was a extremely bad choice of words, and completely inappropriate. I read the apology from Faccinto and I believe it’s sincere. On this stage, you would sure think he would learn his lesson.
Words have consequences, especially in a place like Tulsa: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot
Last edited by revjimk; 1/16/20 at 1:49 PM.

1/16/20, 1:51 PM   #24
revjimk

In case you don't want to read the whole article:
The Tulsa race riot (also called the Tulsa massacre, Greenwood Massacre, or the Black Wall Street Massacre) of 1921[9][10][11][12][13][14] took place on May 31 and June 1, 1921, when mobs of white residents attacked black residents and businesses of the Greenwood District in Tulsa, Oklahoma.[1] It has been called "the single worst incident of racial violence in American history."[15] The attack, carried out on the ground and from private aircraft, destroyed more than 35 square blocks of the district – at that time the wealthiest black community in the United States, known as "Black Wall Street".

2 members like this post: erich45, Ken Bonnema
1/16/20, 1:53 PM   #25
revjimk

A little more:
"The riot was covered by national newspapers and the reported number of deaths varies widely. On June 1, 1921, the Tulsa Tribune reported that nine white people and 68 black people had died in the riot, but shortly afterwards it changed this number to a total of 176 dead"

1 member likes this post: Ken Bonnema
1/16/20, 5:21 PM   #26
DAD

Just making light of after race interviews Jack Hewett was probably the best with "Politically Incorrectness" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tAJtnl_1bQ

1/16/20, 8:42 PM   #27
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Well at least the major media hasn’t beat up our sport with this. Sure don’t need any negativity for the sport. Unfortunately as we we know, that’s what major media wants to show any racing in the negative light.
When we all know thats not the truth. At the end of the day, we have a very wonderful racing community that steps up to lend a helping hand to each other and are always concerned with each others wellbeing. We all really need to push the positives out there, as much as we can.

America 1st
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
Last edited by Indy1808; 1/16/20 at 9:08 PM.

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, luckybuc97, Pat O'Connor Fan, racenut69, skids59
1/16/20, 10:51 PM   #28
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
Well at least the major media hasn’t beat up our sport with this. Sure don’t need any negativity for the sport. Unfortunately as we we know, that’s what major media wants to show any racing in the negative light.
When we all know thats not the truth. At the end of the day, we have a very wonderful racing community that steps up to lend a helping hand to each other and are always concerned with each others wellbeing. We all really need to push the positives out there, as much as we can.

America 1st
Major media barely knows dirt track racing exists...
Might be a good thing?

1 member likes this post: racenut69
1/16/20, 10:57 PM   #29
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Major media barely knows dirt track racing exists...
Might be a good thing?
True but since this has become a mini Nascar opener,
you can bet there will be some there on Saturday.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

1/16/20, 11:37 PM   #30
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Back in the early 60's when I was in the Seventh Grade "Politically Correct" did not exist. I did have a Seventh Grade Civics Teacher (that's the teacher that taught us how or Democracy was supposed to work) Gave us a definition of the First Amendment that has stuck with me. He taught us that "Our First Amendment Rights STOPPED two inches short of the distance between the other guys fist and our nose"
With respect I believe you just verified my post.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Faccinto