IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Double D"s ride in USAC?
4/18/19, 6:38 PM   #11
Vookie

Is there a ignore feature on IOW? Asking for a friend.

4/18/19, 6:57 PM   #12
Re: Double D"s ride in USAC?
hairracer44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7horse View Post
Just don't understand how the winningest driver in USAC history doesn't have his own equipment, how much money did those 60+ wins pay?
Not enough to field a car to run the full USAC Schedule and be competitive. I have heard costs from the low end of $150,000 a season to over $300,000. As a driver you make a precentage of what the car makes and the owner and sponsers bare the brunt of the expenses. If you have the talent and can get a ride without paying for it(that doesn't happen very often if at all anymore) you can make a little bit of money but it's not Indy Car and NASCAR where you sign a contract to make X amout of money with incentives and bonuses to win big races.

5 members like this post: jdull99, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, oppweld, tirespinner
4/18/19, 8:56 PM   #13
chastaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairracer44 View Post
Not enough to field a car to run the full USAC Schedule and be competitive. I have heard costs from the low end of $150,000 a season to over $300,000. As a driver you make a precentage of what the car makes and the owner and sponsers bare the brunt of the expenses. If you have the talent and can get a ride without paying for it(that doesn't happen very often if at all anymore) you can make a little bit of money but it's not Indy Car and NASCAR where you sign a contract to make X amout of money with incentives and bonuses to win big races.
Speaking from experience, it takes $60-75,000 Just to run local shows for a season. With travel I’m thinking $200k rock bottom to run USAC For a year

4 members like this post: hairracer44, jim goerge, Owen, tirespinner
4/18/19, 8:58 PM   #14
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
So the Epperson #2 isn't a good ride?
Coulda fooled me.
Maybe ok ride, wouldn’t say it’s cream of the crop. Think maybe Tyler Thomas won 1 race for them last year. Don’t think they’ve ever had a championship? Let me know if I’m wrong.

4/18/19, 9:15 PM   #15
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Maybe ok ride, wouldn’t say it’s cream of the crop. Think maybe Tyler Thomas won 1 race for them last year. Don’t think they’ve ever had a championship? Let me know if I’m wrong.
I'm sure that any Sprint Car team would be open to contributions,if one had extra dollars to contribute for our racing enjoyment.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

4/18/19, 9:27 PM   #16
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
I'm sure that any Sprint Car team would be open to contributions,if one had extra dollars to contribute for our racing enjoyment.
Done that, Brandon Morin will back me up. Also contribute to modified owner/driver. Not to mention the numerous shirts and items I’ve purchased over the years to help.

3 members like this post: campingman, jim goerge, Morin Racing 98
4/18/19, 9:34 PM   #17
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Good,glad to hear it. Thanks!

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

4/18/19, 9:35 PM   #18
bsmith8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Hey Chief NOT NO NOTHING. He won some little 500s. How many current owners have championships?? Not cream of the crop. You obviously know nothing do you ? Maybe not all USAC but I did win in the Epperson Sprint Car & Epperson’s Midget. Ask Shane Cottle, Hunter Percent, Eric Gordon, Nick Bilbee , Brady Bacon and many more drivers and I think the late great Robbie Stanley did run pretty good in the Epperson Gordon Silver Crown Car but he is not a top team owner. So Chief NO NOTHING how many wins or championship do you HAVE as a owner or driver? So you my friend ARE WRONG and its a pretty damn good ride and as you says it’s just an OKAY ride lmao.

Sincerely

Bobby Smith # 8
Last edited by bsmith8; 4/18/19 at 10:03 PM.

4/18/19, 9:53 PM   #19
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith8 View Post
Hey Chief NOT NO NOTHING. He won some little 500s. How many current owners have championships?? Not cream of the crop. You obviously know nothing do you ? Maybe not all USAC but I did win in the Epperson Sprint Car & Epperson’s Midget. Ask Shane Cottle, Hunter Percent, Eric Gordon, Nick Bilbee , Brady Bacon and many more drivers and I think the late great Robbie Stanley did run pretty good in the Epperson Gordon Silver Crown Car but he is not a top team owner. So Chief NO NOTHING how many wins or championship do you HAVE as a owner or driver? So you my friend ARE WRONG and its a pretty damn good ride and as your dumb Azz says it’s just an OKAY ride lmao.

Sincerely

Bobby Smith # 8
Try getting your point across without name calling please

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4/18/19, 10:02 PM   #20
bsmith8

So he can dog a car owner and it’s okay ?
Last edited by bsmith8; 4/18/19 at 10:04 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Double D"s ride in USAC?