IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #11 1/16/16 11:20 AM
Can anyone find the actual rule book? Not defending but as far as I've ever seen theres only a handful of actual rules. No ski's instead of tires. No more sloping tail tanks. No more V8 Hyabusa's.
Only rules I can find are car appearance rules. Ten percent ethanol rule and driver minimum age of 16.

Charles Nungester
Vukie (Offline)
  #12 1/16/16 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Can anyone find the actual rule book? Not defending but as far as I've ever seen theres only a handful of actual rules. No ski's instead of tires. No more sloping tail tanks. No more V8 Hyabusa's.
Only rules I can find are car appearance rules. Ten percent ethanol rule and driver minimum age of 16.
"Special Note:

Qualifying sixth on the A Feature lineup, the No. 20a of Alex Shanks was found to be a lie. It was revealed by officials that the driver was actually Shane Cockrum, who qualified on Wednesday. For this action, Shane has been disqualified from all remaining competition during the 2016 Chili Bowl. In a statement from Chili Bowl Director of Competition, Matt Ward, it was explained, “In our Driver’s Meeting, as soon as I get done welcoming all the drivers, the first thing read is; once you draw in, you cannot race again. That is your night…We don’t like disqualifying anyone, but what Shane did was wrong, and is unfair to the drivers and fans who attend the Chili Bowl.”

http://paposseracing.com/index.php/l...alifying-night
5 Likes: addictedtodirt, Charles Nungester, DirtHawk92, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge
DirtHawk92 (Offline)
  #13 1/16/16 12:13 PM
This!!!!
Attachments:
image.jpg (138.5 KB)

4 Likes: Charles Nungester, Sandy Lowe, TQ97, Vukie
groove grabber (Offline)
  #14 1/16/16 12:40 PM
I sincerely apologize for my actions, it was done merely in fun and to draw chili bowl excitement. The intentions were not to harm anyone or gain any advantage. I had always heard that the Usac guys used to run under aliases as they traveled the country. Ill timed joke maybe, but I would appreciate attacks on my character being left out. Anyone who knows me knows this wasnt in seriousness and I am the first to help anyone. Sorry things went down as they did, times have obviously changed.

Shane Cockrum
36 Likes: Airsys, bighd0522, Blitzman, bobO, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, cj02, Claybird33, dirtrack, dirt_trackgurl006, EPSpeed, Flatrightrear, jay mcquinn, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, JMA1181, K9Racer, Kansasdirtfan, kart31rac, kcarm92, mc/rider, MIracing, oppweld, Peterman, Puppy, racegal, Racer1039, racinrich, rclaridge, Rich Mersereau, ronmil, rz1, Task Force, tdt636, wildman92, xoxide
2rock21 (Offline)
  #15 1/16/16 12:53 PM
Can Porkey drive the 66 car tonight?
racer5c (Offline)
  #16 1/16/16 1:02 PM
im still not sure I follow this, Did Shane have two cars and enter them both and call himself Alex Shank, or is there another driver named Alex Shank and Shane was trying to get that guys car in the A for him? If there was no Alex Shank what would Shane have done if both cars made the A?
JDK222 (Offline)
  #17 1/16/16 1:23 PM
Yeah still some unanswered questions. I take it the 66 is thrown out?

Jason D. Keefer
JDK222 (Offline)
  #18 1/16/16 1:25 PM
Originally Posted by groove grabber:
I sincerely apologize for my actions, it was done merely in fun and to draw chili bowl excitement. The intentions were not to harm anyone or gain any advantage. I had always heard that the Usac guys used to run under aliases as they traveled the country. Ill timed joke maybe, but I would appreciate attacks on my character being left out. Anyone who knows me knows this wasnt in seriousness and I am the first to help anyone. Sorry things went down as they did, times have obviously changed.

Shane Cockrum
But when the guys ran under a different name they didn't run another car under there real name......

Jason D. Keefer
8 Likes: AERO410SCJA, DirtHawk92, dirtracer74, goat, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, Slider20, TQ97
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #19 1/16/16 2:00 PM
Originally Posted by JDK222:
But when the guys ran under a different name they didn't run another car under there real name......
I was informed of a example at the World 100 where one of the big names qualified four identical cars with different names including his own with the intention of using the best QT.

He got caught too.

Charles Nungester
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #20 1/16/16 2:01 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Oh come on, Back when some sanctions had terms racing with other groups. Surnames were all the rage. Luck Warmwater, Smoke Johnson, Hoolio Jones etc were quite popular drivers

They got caught. That is all. I find it kinda funny, But I guess if your the guy getting bumped, It isn't so much. Shane simply tweeted "WHERES THE ACTUAL RULE BOOK?"
Really do we need a rule book to prove something as wrong as this????????

Jerry
8 Likes: DirtHawk92, goat, JDK222, Jerry Shaw, PIT CART, scottfor410, Speedsme61x, spicoli