IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
tamati (Offline)
  #1 5/28/21 2:39 PM
I don't understand how Bacon could start ninth in the feature in his backup car?
3 Likes: 95KART, interpreter66, tirespinner
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #2 5/28/21 2:46 PM
Originally Posted by tamati:
I don't understand how Bacon could start ninth in the feature in his backup car?
This didn't make sense to me, either (even though I'm a Bacon fan). Shane Cottle was sitting right behind us, so I asked him. He said if you go to a backup car, you start on the tail of your NEXT race. And they did put him on the tail of the B.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
8 Likes: interpreter66, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, PIT CART, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #3 5/28/21 2:47 PM
Don’t quote me but what I’m thinking is that his penalty for back up car is starting last in the B. I think you get what you earn after that
6 Likes: jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, tirespinner
grumpy racer (Offline)
  #4 5/28/21 2:54 PM
Rule is when you go to a backup car, you go to the back of the next race you run. Then you get your time back from there on. Bacon was quick time but obviously didn’t transfer though the heat. Started back of b main transferred to A main so got his time back and started behind heat race winners who were outside top 6 who can start 7,8,9,10. This put Bacon 9th at the start.
21 Likes: 95KART, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, dirtnonwingfan, erich45, fish, hoscalecody, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, jim goerge, JordanBlanton, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, mod4s, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, rapid robert, tirespinner, tj39, WinglessLovers
tamati (Offline)
  #5 5/28/21 5:31 PM
Ok Grumpy that makes sense Thanks
2 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner