IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
hoosierhillbilly (Offline)
  #31 8/5/15 8:35 AM
This is an interesting link for a winged purse breakdown for Ohio and some others.

http://www.pitgate.com/forum/pit-pas...mputer-man-inc

Number three; You have the right to free speech; As long as You're not dumb enough to actually try it —The Clash
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #32 8/5/15 8:50 AM
Doesn't this same thread topic show up this same time EVERY year?

2 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish
bigsby (Offline)
  #33 8/5/15 8:55 AM
Originally Posted by Morin Racing 98:
The time difference is a big deal to the teams from the north, and another thing about Tri-State, it is harder on motors than almost anywhere else we race. I have heard of drivers being at 260-280 degrees after a feature down there on a regular basis. Not sure if it is the track being re-prepped before every feature or what it is, but I know we ran at 240 degrees last time there and normally are around 200 as much as possible. That place is normally flat out with the concrete walls real close, so I am sure a lot of guys consider those factors also. The racing is extremely tight in the corners.....It is a great facility, great track, and has great fan support. But when you bust a motor, or hit the concrete, none of that matters to the guy paying the repair bills....LOL
Contact Michael Hughes at AFCO. He will get your temps down.
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #34 8/5/15 9:20 AM
The promoter does have an incentive. Big paying shows may make some of the budget teams shy away, because they know what and who they're going to be up against, but they don't make race fans not want to go. Big paying shows draw those drivers that are carrying on that tradition of the outlaw sprint car driver, in this racing scene and I'm not talking about "outlaw" in the context of a certain organization. I'm talking about the hotshot that'll go anywhere, anytime because they believe currently they are anybody's match. The fans that follow this religiously know where the Clash of the Titans will be taking place, on any given weekend and that's where you'll find them. Big paying shows may not provide a big reward at the back gate, but the front gate is usually pretty busy on those nights. Car count is severely overrated as a way to judge how the racing's going to be on a given night. Saturday night at Haubstadt or numerous times at Kokomo and TSS have proven that.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, DirtHawk92, dshort36, fish, grumpy racer, jim goerge, Joey Woods, racefan20, rclaridge
grumpy racer (Offline)
  #35 8/5/15 9:31 AM
One thing you see is guys that run south of indy a lot of times don't go north and vise versa. Fuel costs probably contribute to this then there's the points races at local tracks it has been a proven fact guys running for points will pass on better paying shows if their track has a point race. In my opinion the track owner promotes could try to work together a bit better in schedule so bigger shows could draw better for all.
3 Likes: DirtHawk92, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge
chastaj (Offline)
  #36 8/5/15 9:37 AM
Originally Posted by trecraft:
If you allocate the $2000 you now have to work with throughout the purse, the $400 to start shouldn't hurt the car count.
More like $250-300 to start and $150-175 for non qualifiers and the place would be packed. If you only reward 20 cars, you will only get 20
3 Likes: kcarm92, Leohr46, TylerShoemaker
o-84 (Offline)
  #37 8/5/15 5:23 PM
I would sure like to see the Indiana tracks paying the same as what the average of what the nations winged tracks pay/ is case you haven't noticed we're losing some of our better shoes to the dark side because it pays better. imho nonwing racing is generally a much better show than what the wing guys put on, yet the winged guys are getting the big bucks/ makes no sense to me I'd gladly pay an extra buck or two if that's what it takes!
3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Will Shunk
DirtHawk92 (Offline)
  #38 8/5/15 9:45 PM
I know this has probly been stated before but when ur toting around a fricken BILLBOARD on top of your car I think u have more room for sponsorship on a bigger level... Take the wing off and less space for sponsors...if I could afford to I would sponsor a nonwing driver in a minute...
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #39 8/5/15 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by DirtHawk92:
I know this has probly been stated before but when ur toting around a fricken BILLBOARD on top of your car I think u have more room for sponsorship on a bigger level... Take the wing off and less space for sponsors...if I could afford to I would sponsor a nonwing driver in a minute...
It don't take much to sponsor, Buy the team a pit pass, A gallon of fuel. A Tire everything helps

Charles Nungester
5 Likes: DirtHawk92, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Joey Woods, Mattmac05
Joey Woods (Offline)
  #40 8/5/15 11:21 PM
You got to get in where you fit in
2 Likes: DirtHawk92, jim goerge