IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #1 8/15/16 4:13 PM
If you've not been following along with Twitter or Facebook, some people have gotten together to honor Bryan Clauson and his passion for Kokomo Speedway.

What started out with announcers Brett and Rob, Blake Anderson, and Dillon Welch, now has even more people involved. On August 24, the Wednesday Night of smackdown, there will be an award paid out to the highest finishing driver MAKING THEIR DEBUT in a non wing car at Kokomo speedway. It started out as $500 and as of a few minutes ago on Twitter, is now at least $750!

Kudos to Rob, Brett, Blake, and Dillon for a fantastic idea! Can't wait to see everybody there! #GYATK #BCforever
14 Likes: addictedtodirt, Bostonian, BrentTFunk, davidm, DirtHawk92, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, mtek56, nathans1012, PJ Wright, racegal, tirespinner, tubemaster
Jrp4554 (Offline)
  #2 8/15/16 6:30 PM
I heard it's up to a grand now. Saw it on Twitter
7 Likes: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, DirtHawk92, flagboy55, JarrettFarms73, nathans1012, tirespinner
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #3 8/15/16 10:15 PM
$250 (and growing) to the 2nd highest finishing first timer.
3rd highest place finisher by a first timer gets a new RR donated by Jason Keefer.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, DirtHawk92, flagboy55, mrsstanfill
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #4 8/16/16 11:41 AM
Latest update is:
$1000 highest finishing "first timer"
$500 2nd highest finishing "first timer"
New RR to 3rd highest finishing "first timer"
Hard charger "first timer". Goal is $630

Make sure you read Tim Clauson's What you can do thread!
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, DirtHawk92, mtek56
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #5 8/16/16 11:59 AM
OK, I'm a dummy. What does GYATK stand for?
bigsby (Offline)
  #6 8/16/16 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR:
OK, I'm a dummy. What does GYATK stand for?
Get Your A$$ to Kokomo
4 Likes: DirtHawk92, i love dirt track racing, JarrettFarms73, SPRINTCAR
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #7 8/16/16 12:03 PM
Get your arse to Kokomo! GYATK

What if beyond this Everybody that can, Donate what the normal admission would be to the BC Foundation or USAC Benevolent fund Since it's FREE and all.

Charles Nungester
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, davidm, dickster, Dirtfan, DirtHawk92, erich45, JarrettFarms73, jjones752, PushEm, racegal, speed bump
chastaj (Offline)
  #8 8/16/16 2:56 PM
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73:
Latest update is:
$1000 highest finishing "first timer"
$500 2nd highest finishing "first timer"
New RR to 3rd highest finishing "first timer"
Hard charger "first timer". Goal is $630

Make sure you read Tim Clauson's What you can do thread!
Is this first time to Kokomo,racing with USAC, or ???
2 Likes: DirtHawk92, Duane Hancock
hairracer44 (Offline)
  #9 8/16/16 3:25 PM
What is the tire rule, not sure I have tires to run. All I have are some right rear Hoosiers and the rest are American Racer. If it is a RR Rule I can probably figure it out if it all 4 I'm most likely not going to be able to figure it out.
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #10 8/16/16 3:33 PM
I would clarify w/ Kokomo Speedways office but my understanding is "first time" means never before having ran a non wing sprint car event @ Kokomo.

If I remember correctly, Kokomo is one of the tracks that goes by USAC's tire rule. I'm looking it up on their page. I'm just a fan trying to move information but still want to be precise.

Please, anybody correct me if this is wrong.