IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
MMSA (Offline)
  #1 2/17/15 8:23 PM
Who would be interested in trying Lightning Sprints on asphalt?
Used tires could be obtained very reasonable.
Maybe 1-2 races a year, non points..

And go....
jjones752 (Offline)
  #2 2/17/15 8:30 PM
If you do something to keep people from building pavement specials (no 2-wheel front brakes, for example)....

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Jim Gardner (Offline)
  #3 2/17/15 8:35 PM
The only thing we should be able have change is the rf hub and shocks and springs. No RF brakes. Two words: Anderson Speedway.

Jim Gardner
2 Likes: Avon Open Wheel fan, PatrickMead#13
PatrickMead#13 (Offline)
  #4 2/17/15 8:52 PM
Originally Posted by Jim Gardner:
The only thing we should be able have change is the rf hub and shocks and springs. No RF brakes. Two words: Anderson Speedway.
Sounds good. It would be fun for sure.
LEADERS EDGE (Offline)
  #5 2/17/15 9:19 PM
Alum RF direct mount hubs would be fine. Sander. Magnesium hubs should be carefully inspected though.
Bradleyracing86 (Offline)
  #6 2/17/15 9:37 PM
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE:
Alum RF direct mount hubs would be fine. Sander. Magnesium hubs should be carefully inspected though.
Scott would our wheels work with the pavement tires?
LEADERS EDGE (Offline)
  #7 2/17/15 9:50 PM
Typically a midget runs 8 wide fronts 8 wide lr and 10 rr. I believe Kenyon cars run 8 inch fronts and 10 inch left and rr. Wheels shouldn't be too big of a deal
LEADERS EDGE (Offline)
  #8 2/17/15 9:55 PM
I strongly suggest 2 front brakes and rotors and no alum rotors
SteveB31 (Offline)
  #9 2/17/15 10:05 PM
Until 3 years ago the RMMSA raced them in Colorado on asphalt at Colorado National Speedway (3/8)and I25 speedway in Pueblo , CO (1/4 mile). These were upright 600cc non wing cars (many of which now are 1000cc winged and non winged cars). The racing was fantastic. You will need front brake on both sides and yes your wheels will work on asphalt.
Avon Open Wheel fan (Offline)
  #10 2/17/15 11:02 PM
The Speedrome and Sportsdrome would be a nice size track to give this a try at. Speedrome used to have lots of Kenyon cars racing with the midgets there.

Jay Tinder
Media and Competition Director
ILLINI Midgets

www.illinimidgets.com